Working out?

erniemj
erniemj Posts: 187 Member
Who worked out today and what did you do? (True, I know you are injured!!) Today I was running late, I did the elliptical for 30 minutes and then headed out to coach softball!

Replies

• lindseymruth
    lindseymruth Posts: 28 Member
    I took the day off from running because my foot has been a tad sore (I barefoot run). I haven't taken the day off since I started a few weeks ago so I feel a little off today! I can't wait to run tomorrow :)
  • true90inc
    true90inc Posts: 33 Member
    I can say that it seems like the rest is helping a bit. I don't want to start back to early and re injure, but man it is frustrating. I have been working through lunch and I really miss my daily walks :(

Hopefully a few more days and I will start back slowly!
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Best thing you can do for yourself is give your body time to heal, True - as frustrating at that is. Don't want to end up side-lining yourself for even longer.

No exercise for me yesterday :(. I'm fighting off a cold (at least I think it's a cold, and not something more. The way I'm feeling it's possible it might be a mild case of the flu :( )the last few days. I've managed to keep the congestion at bay and my throat's starting to feel better but the fever and chills are making it tough. Supposed to go out to the gym today. Not so sure that's happening. Waiting to see if the Motrin kicks in
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    I haven't been exercising much. I'm at work all day when I get home, I just do planks and pushups. laziness is getting the best of me. this weekend I'm going to play tennis with dh.
  • erniemj
    45 minutes on the elliptical - no workout for tomorrow, PT test on Friday!!! I hope I am ready for it!!
  • true90inc
    Michele - I am sure you will do fine :)

Good luck!
  • x_JT_x
    Best of luck to you tomorrow, Michele!!

What all does the PT test involve?
  • erniemj
    As many pushups you can do in 2 minutes
    As many situps you can do in 2 minutes
    2 mile run

The older I get, the more broken I get though....I think I will be okay, I just hope they count all of my pushups!!! - You have to break the plane with your shoulders and keep your head and eyes forward...no sagging back or raised butts!
  • erniemj
    Got the best score I have ever gotten on my PT test - of course, being old and female helps a lot!!

90% Pushups
    77% Situps
    91% Run

Total score 258 (previous best was a 231) - Thinking about trying to max it for the next one - so keep cheering me on, you all inspire me!! Love getting old - it has significantly helped my score!!! (you get to do fewer repetitions and run slower the older you get!!)
  • true90inc
    Awesome job Michele - I knew you could do it!
  • x_JT_x
    Got the best score I have ever gotten on my PT test - of course, being old and female helps a lot!!

90% Pushups
    77% Situps
    91% Run

Total score 258 (previous best was a 231) - Thinking about trying to max it for the next one - so keep cheering me on, you all inspire me!! Love getting old - it has significantly helped my score!!! (you get to do fewer repetitions and run slower the older you get!!)

Wow!!

What does 90% pushups and 77% situps equate to? Other than a whole heck of a lot more than I can do? :blushing:
  • erniemj

90% Pushups
    77% Situps
    91% Run

Wow!!

What does 90% pushups and 77% situps equate to? Other than a whole heck of a lot more than I can do? :blushing:

Um...there is a reason I did not post actual repetitions!!! Like I said, happy I am old an female!! Military is a young man's game - being 37 is like being everyone's mom in the unit!!

I did:

33 Pushups ( you cannot rest on your knees at any point, you can arch your back for a little rest or sag in the middle, but minimally)

54 situps (my situps are really weak - military situps, someone holds your feet, knees at no more than 90 angle, hand laced behind head, have to go all the way to ground and then all the way up until you break the vertical plane) I have had 4 C-sections and 2 other abdominal surgeries and still need the big H - so I am happy with what I did, but not impressed!

Run - I am slow, but as you can see - it still scored a 91% - I ran the 2 miles in 18:15 - I have mental block for running

But - now that I realize that I can do this, I am going to focus on maxing the test out - sure, why not, now that I am older and it is MUCH MUCH MUCH easier to get a respectable score!!!
  • x_JT_x
    Girl, I don't think you should be embarrassed by those counts AT ALL. How many of us here do you think can do 33 pushups or 54 situps properly in 2 minutes?

I have such poor upper body strength that I can't do even one real pushup. I'm working on it and can see improvement but as I said...can't do a one. Now, situps I can do...but 54 in the allotted time frame? Heck no.

Even if you aren't impressed with those stats...I am. Congrats!!
  • erniemj
    600 calories on the elliptical yesterday!!! Getting ready to head to the gym now!!! Than to the grocery store to buy healthy foods!!