Music and working out

Options
dani2bkickin
dani2bkickin Posts: 29 Member
Music is a big part of my life and always has been. Sometimes you sing as loud as you can in your car because your happy, sad, angry or just a damn good song.
Some music pumps you up for long car rides, special occasions and working out.

What is your favorite type of music or band to work out to? I'm a heavy metal, ska, punk and rock and roll type of lady. Yes I do like all kinds of music, but those are my favorites. What music do you like to get lost to when you work out? What bands?
My favorites are Avenged Sevenfold, Pantera or Hollywood Undead.

Replies

• swopen
    swopen Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm into heavy metal too. There was a time in my life when that was all I listened to. I enjoy all kinds of music now. I love working out anything with a good beat. Some of my faves: Static-X, System of a Down, Metallica, LmfaO, Lords of Acid, any kind of . techno. and some fast beat country.
  • labtech666
    labtech666 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Another metal fan here! I'd generally go for Iron Maiden, Rammstein or Slipknot. \m/:devil:
  • KatieTee83
    KatieTee83 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Love to see that there are some metal mamas!

My hubby is in a metal band so he's introduced me to a lot of music I'd never heard before, and upped my love for bands like Alice in Chains, Faith No More, and 3 Days Grace. Love that kind of music for working with weights and strength training.

But, for cardio, I gotta have my dance tunes! Especially when I'm running, those upbeat, high energy, silly happy songs keep me going. Loving the new Daft Punk "Get Lucky" song. BassHunter, Psy, LMFAO, a little Harlem Shake? Yeah, that's my cardio playlist.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    For working out I love house and pop.
  • mylifemadelite
    Options
    I love music and I used to listen to my IPOD when I would do cardio at the gym. I generally just had it on shuffle. Now that I have a gym-grade Stairmaster in my home I usually catch up on my shows on Hulu or Netflix. While I also like ska and punk I actually would choose dance or pop for working out and then folk for my cool down. I have very diverse tastes. :p