He doesn't want a relationship :(

Options
2»

Replies

• MelodyinGa
    MelodyinGa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart:

I am sorry...I guess just look at it like he wasn't the one. You are beautiful and intelligent...it will come.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could just hang out, especially when feelings were involved. I think you'll just end up getting hurt all over again. :(

It's not a big deal, if you like the person, it's not as hard as you would think. I would rather have a great friend than never see her again.

i'm actually in a similar situation myself. I like a guy. he's not ready for a relationship. but will I stop talking to him? no. I would like to keep the friendship going. we also never banged, so its not like it was just a FWB situation.

if you can be friends without becoming more attached, go for it. if you think it will make you feel worse, maybe take some time apart. whatever feels good to you :flowerforyou:

I also agree that he was honest and you should be happy you know now and don't have to worry about it again. I'm not sure I would take it as rejection.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Sorry I was a little cranky yesterday, this was an unexpected blow :\.

We chatted pretty much all day yesterday and I feel better about it, and I think I can/want to be friends, he is a great person and fun to be around, and the fact that he was so honest/straight with me about this makes me appreciate the type of person he is more. So I'm going to see if I can make the friendship work - if it makes me feel bad we won't be, and he gets that too. I DO feel a slight sense of relief, like I don't have to worry/wonder anymore you know? Weird.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel sweetie. I live in a small military community and being that I work on the military installation, my circles usually have me involved with highly mobile people. Over the last couple of years I've met a couple of amazing ladies that we clicked so perfectly; however, they ended up moving ahead of schedule. For them, I considered a long distance relationship; however, they were facing deployment, overseas assignments, and further training while my career calls for 60% of time for me to be travelling. We both had to agree with what was written on the wall.

I know exactly how you feel : ( Sending some good joo joo your way, hope that you meet THE guy soon enough.

That really sucks, I'm sorry :(. Thanks for the joojoo, sendin some back atcha!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    response removed bc as I read further the OP didn't appreciate similar comments