Katie's intro

Options
Hi my name is Katie. I'm a single mom and brand new to wearing make up. I decided I want to start wearing it.
I would love to talk to people who wear make up.

my eyes are really small and beady someone told me I can use eyeshadow to make my eyes look bigger is this correct?

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    hi katie! u came to the right place! I would absolutely love to help!
    I have large almond eyes so i use eyeliner to make them pop.

maybe try using eyeliner (thin or thick) black or brown, top lash line or bottom lash line. just experiment at home and take pictures.

my friend used to have small eyes too and what worked for her was using a light shimmery shadow all over her lids, and dark brown or black eyeliner on her bottom lash line.

its hard for me to see your facial features from your pics but judging from your skin tone and hair color i would go with a light wash of golden eye shadow on the lid and dark brown eye liner and mascara :)

if you're intimidated by eye liner start with pencil or just layer on the mascara.

what is your budget like?

if you are new and would like to start with drug store stuff, I love maybelline mascaras (colosal, falsies, etc)
    revlon grow luscious eye liners
    and wet n wild eye shadows.

let me know if you have more questions:

also youtube is a great place to learn makeup tips from :)

some of my favorites are emilynoel83, makeupgeek, itsmejudy

if all of these sound tough, i love going to sephora and asking for help and recommended products. they are usually not pushy about making u buy stuff just very helpful :)

good luck gorgeous! :flowerforyou: