C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

Options
aakaakaak
aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
Alright stop what you're doing, cuz I'm about to ruin the image and the style that you're used to.

Whatever you were going to do today for exercise, yeah, don't do that. Do something else.

On a schedule of aerobics and cardio machines? Hit the weights, work on your chest and back.

Are you a gym rat who picks up heavy things and puts them back down again? Yeah, go do a spinning class or boot camp.

Why? You show more gains when you change your routine. It forces your body to adjust to new exercises. You are less efficient at the new exercise and therefore burn more calories and get more of an effect using new techniques. Here's the basic concept:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/14853-circuit-circus-the-muscle-confusion-workout/

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing Wonder Woman is off fighting crime today so, thank you Mr Aak for stepping in with the challenge for today!

This is going to be tough.... today is a no exercise day (can't change that because the reason is to go to Doc to find out what the heck I need to do about ankle issue), tomorrow is Super Trainer Friday (maybe we can switch things up based on results of today's visit to Doc???) and Sat is Combat (only class they offer on Sat).... maybe Sunday can get back into routine (again based on what Doc says today) rather than being out of exercise routine and that will be my breaker!
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Isn't it sort of a combo breaker to have me post instead of WW?
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I think it is!!!!
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Love it - I'm not sure I'll break it up today (heavy schedule and all that) but I try to do that often. I've been working out with weights lately off and on and am happy to say that my lifting weight amount is going up which means stronger muscles. And I throw the odd spin class in there on the weekend though soon it will be outside bike rides! Variety adds to the spice of life. Thank you Mr. Aaak3x for reminding us to break out of our ruts.
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I did a new workout yesterday. I hated it. For the same reason it is supposedly good for you. I felt awkward and had a difficult time keeping up. Today I did my stationary bike. My fail safe.

Mr. Aak you are righto. I attribute my weight loss to many things including mixing up routine. I typically mix it up every so often. I get bored.

Thank you for helping Wonder Woman, you did a great job.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Isn't it sort of a combo breaker to have me post instead of WW?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it. Hey guys let's all give Mr. Aaak a round of applause! A pat on the back! yaaay!!! I didn't do today but will try and do something different soon. I want to do a different class. Out the box! This helps me stay focused and thinking forward. Thank you!