This group is boring! How can we fix it?

Options
JJMorrocco
JJMorrocco Posts: 43 Member
I try and check this group daily, and I am disappointed daily, no new conversations or topics. So lets get it fired up!

What outdoor activity are you most looking forward to this summer??
camping, hiking, patios, bike rides, swimming, travel??

Replies

• Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I think it's partly how the forums are structured - I often don't notice my groups unless I'm making a point of checking it.

This summer I'm headed back to work after my maternity leave and my husband is continuing to take his university courses straight through the summer in addition to teaching motorcycle riding.

Sooo . . . I would LOVE to get a way a bit, but likely it'll be at most a weekend of camping in Jasper and make the last week in August at his family's cabin in BC. Not that there's anything wrong with that!
  • CMay16
    CMay16 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I agree!! Edmonton needs more love!

I am very much looking forward to just getting outside a lot this summer. I feel like this winter was waaaay tooooo looong and have felt cooped up for months! Feels great to get some fresh air... minus all the wind.

And my fiancé and I have already made a deal that we are going to become more outdoorsy this year. Going to make a point to make the drive to the mountains at least once a month and go hiking and biking. And if I can convince him to go camping at least one weekend (tents are definitely not his thing), I will feel like my summer has been a success!!

The only vacation this year will be to Vancouver Island to visit my family, which is fine by me. The Island is one of my favourite places I have ever been. So green and fresh and beautiful.

Hope everyone has a great weekend :)
  • exohglo
    exohglo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    this group needs more COWBELL!
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to hiking, camping, swimming, everythiiiiiing! I looooove summer! We should make a group meeting and go hiking together or something!
  • mostein
    mostein Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yeah I always forget I'm in this group cause I don't often bother with the forums. I'm just looking forward to being outside. That was one long *kitten* winter!
  • exohglo
    Options
    i know! been cold this week too but good for running outside
  • vesperpt
    vesperpt Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I would love to explore more trails around the city this summer! Last summer I was in a bad accident, and didn't get to do much in the way of activities. So trails, running, picnics in the park, swimming, all that stuff!
  • zedgt87
    zedgt87 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Here is how we fix it.. WE all meet up for some beer and wings next weekend! Of course we will log macros though
  • exohglo
    Options
    haha.. i wish... :(
  • CMay16
    CMay16 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Beer?? I'm in:drinker:
  • zedgt87
    Options
    Ok srs who wants to meet up for some beer on Saturday? the more people the better!
  • exohglo
    Options
    I'm going to the Esks game tomorrow night and Heritage Days Saturday night
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hmm, there should be a way to create an event (or maybe at least a mass email message) - I'm up for a group get-together, it's a little difficult co-ordinating at the moment because we all check in on the group page at different points.
  • zedgt87
    Options
    everyone who is down PM me your email address... i'll get an email chain going
  • wknmom
    wknmom Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi, Is anyone in this group following the Ideal Protein Diet? I could sure use some advice on where to find the best alternative products.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I just learned of this group .. so I am a newbie but Edmonton born and raised. Looking forward to finding out some good things about Edmonton from this group, maybe even make some new friends. There is just something nicer about Canadians.
  • zedgt87
    Options
    I just learned of this group .. so I am a newbie but Edmonton born and raised. Looking forward to finding out some good things about Edmonton from this group, maybe even make some new friends. There is just something nicer about Canadians.

you mad that i'm american and in your group? :O
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options

you mad that i'm american and in your group? :O

My ex wife is American .. and I still love her. So you are ok too. Welcome