General

Options
EdTheGinge
EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
Basically I just wanted to start a general topic so you could say anything not necessarily a question or achievement etc but whatever you want. It could even be about the story line in Coronation Street or 90210 if it takes your fancy lol.

I went for my first decent run since my half marathon about 2weeks ago, it was a nice spring evening and I just ran with no set route just let my legs do the talking, I ran 10.81miles at an average 8.02minute mile and actually found it easy going.

Replies

• rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Do emotions burn calories? LOL We left home Thursday morning for a 11 hour drive to see my oldest son graduate from Marine Corps boot camp. Ate mcdonalds and gummy bears on the way down. Around 10 am my mom sent me a picture of my son. My mom was able to go to family day, we were unable due to finances. Yup I cried, my heart filled with pride, sadness and relief he wasn't alone for this big day. Got a call from my mom around 4 saying she was too tired to have dinner with us. Broke my heart, hadn't seen my mom since June. Ate dinner at Outback, laughed at so many inappropriate things and went back to hotel and couldn't sleep, too excited to see my baby. Next morning we ran into my mom and my brother at a gas station. Happppppy girl I was! Got to graduation and hung out chatting and catching up, thanking my mom for being with her oldest grandson. Anxious hours waiting for graduation to start and the hour for them to release the new Marines. Hugging my son for the first time in 3 months and seeing his younger brother knock him down trying to hug him, the pride of my husbands face, my mom smiling and my older brother crying was all so overwhelming!!! Then we went to lunch at Olive Garden and said good bye to my mom and brother. Wishing my baby brother had been there to celebrate with us, he passed away 4 years ago. Drove home and ate crappy things like chicken strips from Wawas and apple turnovers. Very emotional two days. So glad to have my son home for a few days!!!!
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Wow, firstly congratulations to your son on 'Passing out' (I believe that's the technical term) my Dad was one and cousin is currently serving over here in the UK. I can imagine emotions riding high especially with your brother not being there, on occasions like that diet, healthy eating or whatever you call it goes out the window and the only focus is on family.

Hope it was a good couple of days albeit it emotional.