Surviving Spring/Summer Potlucks, BBQ's, and Camping

Options
tsherrill
tsherrill Posts: 35 Member
Okay, so this weekend alone I have four of these things to get through. Anyone have any successful tips and tricks for surviving these, especially the alcohol ones. (I have to play sloshball this weekend).

Replies

• Scudder76
    Scudder76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Uff... It's tough!

I find keeping the booze in check to be the most important. Moderate is fine, but a few too many and I'm scarfing whole pizzas, smoking cigarettes, and making out with strangers.

I pour myself weak drinks... that's how I do it. Weak, and fewer.
  • PrincessYorga
    Options
    My friend, who is also a dietician, told me to stick to clear alcohol (white wine, vodka, gin, etc.) and a diet mixer while staying away from eating carbs the day you drink. She told me the body processes the carbs from the alcohol the same way it would carbs from food. I ended up drinking white wine last weekend - only 100-120 calories for a 5 oz glass. I just cut calories in my food accordingly and was able to stay under my goal for the day. :-) I also got my exercise done in the morning so that I wouldn't have to think about it later while I was out! :-) Good luck!!!!
  • KES71GEM
    KES71GEM Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great advice from the previous responders. Also just remember to drink a lot of water. You will feel fuller to where you won't want to drink or eat as much. And don't view these events as obstacles. These are a part of your life. At each function I'm sure that you can find at least one item that will be healthier and fulfilling. Even if there are no healthier choices, just remember your quantity of the bad stuff. You don't have to eat the whole pig at the bbq!!! That comes from my own personal experience. Quite embarrassing I must say. I wish you the best of luck.