I am so angry!

Options
Mlkmaid
Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
I just need to vent. I have a charming, handsome, 23-year-old Aspy who was on his way to work this morning when he discovered his car had been vandalized. Someone wrote "retard" on the side with something sticky. He took it in stride but I'm having a meltdown. There are some really tragically stupid, heartless people in the world. Thanks for listening.

Replies

• fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm angry for you! People can be so heartless and cruel. I am so sorry this happened.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    This is stuff I worry about with my daughter when she eventually decides to get a job. She's 16 now, and the kids at school are jerks sometimes. A lot of times. She could personally care less, thankfull, as we've raised her not to judge herself from what other people say about her, but it's still hurtful when other people don't want ot accept your child the way he or she is.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I hate that word. A few weeks ago, I opened a topic on this very board about it. People are so cruel.
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    This is stuff I worry about with my daughter when she eventually decides to get a job. She's 16 now, and the kids at school are jerks sometimes. A lot of times. She could personally care less, thankfull, as we've raised her not to judge herself from what other people say about her, but it's still hurtful when other people don't want ot accept your child the way he or she is.

You know, I take comfort in knowing that this stuff bothers me probably more than it bothers him but I worry that he internalizes it sometimes.
  • rlinz123
    rlinz123 Posts: 30
    Options
    That's horrible!!! Your son sounds strong and lucky to have you as support. I don't really have advice to offer, just sympathy. People can be so mean.