Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Commitment 4/27. Saturday, Yay the weekend is here!

krk5235
krk5235 Posts: 220 Member
What a great springy Saturday, hope your day is as beautiful as ours is here in Northern Pennsylvania. With it being so beautiful, get out and enjoy it! Got rain??? Go out and splash in the puddles just put a smile on and enjoy! So what do you have planned for today, its a great day go pick me a flower, smell it, and describe it for me. I'm going out into our woods all morning looking for turkeys, hiking the hills and dales. Keep up the great attitude folks and positive results are following you!

Replies

• cricketdc
    cricketdc Posts: 60 Member
    Saturday is my rest day but I will take a mile walk instead. I have a wedding to attend at a Japanese buffet, that means trouble. So I will control my food intake as much as I can. :flowerforyou:
  • What a great springy Saturday, hope your day is as beautiful as ours is here in Northern Pennsylvania. With it being so beautiful, get out and enjoy it! Got rain??? Go out and splash in the puddles just put a smile on and enjoy! So what do you have planned for today, its a great day go pick me a flower, smell it, and describe it for me. I'm going out into our woods all morning looking for turkeys, hiking the hills and dales. Keep up the great attitude folks and positive results are following you!

Thank you for your positive messages. They always put a smile on my face. Haven't been outside yet to sniff any flowers but when I do, you will be the first to know. Gonna do a 5 mile run and drink in the sun. I don't mean have a drink in the sun, I mean I'm going to enjoy the beautiful weather. LOL! I'm nervous about weighing in tomorrow....
  • nicolie81587
    nicolie81587 Posts: 75 Member
    Today is my rest day. I am going to do some volunteer work, but that's pretty much it. I'm hoping to stay ti stay under for calories.
  • tameekag
    tameekag Posts: 84 Member
    Hello and happy Saturday!
    I have 2hrs in the gym scheduled today, starting at 9am.
    After that its time for a manicure and pedicure.
    I hope everyone has a great day. Do something great for yourself!
  • KathleenSweetie
    KathleenSweetie Posts: 136 Member
    Great day for a 3-4 mile bike ride this morning, before celebrating the day with family & friends.
  • grk_tigris
    grk_tigris Posts: 48 Member
    My goal for today is to go to the gym and finish cleaning house. I'm going to keep my cheat date for tomorrow.
  • Elid84
    Elid84 Posts: 7 Member
    My commitment is to go to a weight class and continue to make my own food avoid takeout
  • mcwdvm
    mcwdvm Posts: 54 Member
    I love saturdays- I am not on call and have the whole day to myself. Headed out for a run in a few minutes. The weather is the most beautiful it's been since september. Have a birthday party to go to tonight- I will persevere by remembering tomorrows weigh in and how hard I worked all week.
    Hope everyone has a great saturday :happy:
  • Got my 5 miles in!
    I jumped a hurdle today.
    As my body is getting stronger, I am concentrating more on my form and keeping my body tight as I run.
    Before MFP, I was just slogging along just trying to get through...
    Feels good!
    BBB
  • Happy Saturday 20/75ers!! Today I will be going to my team soccer practice - always a good time and workout. Other than that I want to eat well, especially at dinner which can be hard because we like to go out on Saturdays. I also want to get to the grocery store to stock up on good food and makings for dinner tomorrow.

Have a great one!
  • TDABMama0617
    TDABMama0617 Posts: 29 Member
    We're camping but there are PLENTY of trails to hike and the kids brought their bikes so that'll keep my pace (and heart rate) up for a nice calorie burn. I plan to stay under my calories or burn off what I go over. I MIGHT do Day 4 of 30DS, I have the list of activities...not sure yet. Have a WONDERFUL Saturday everyone!
  • krk5235
    What a great springy Saturday, hope your day is as beautiful as ours is here in Northern Pennsylvania. With it being so beautiful, get out and enjoy it! Got rain??? Go out and splash in the puddles just put a smile on and enjoy! So what do you have planned for today, its a great day go pick me a flower, smell it, and describe it for me. I'm going out into our woods all morning looking for turkeys, hiking the hills and dales. Keep up the great attitude folks and positive results are following you!

Thank you for your positive messages. They always put a smile on my face. Haven't been outside yet to sniff any flowers but when I do, you will be the first to know. Gonna do a 5 mile run and drink in the sun. I don't mean have a drink in the sun, I mean I'm going to enjoy the beautiful weather. LOL! I'm nervous about weighing in tomorrow....

Dang, i was all set to come have a drink sittin in the sun with ya! bummer
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    We're camping but there are PLENTY of trails to hike and the kids brought their bikes so that'll keep my pace (and heart rate) up for a nice calorie burn. I plan to stay under my calories or burn off what I go over. I MIGHT do Day 4 of 30DS, I have the list of activities...not sure yet. Have a WONDERFUL Saturday everyone!

Sounds great! I love camping. Enjoy and don't go hog wild on the s'mores! :laugh:
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Today was going to be a rest day, but I can't resist. I'm going do C25K. I'd like to get some yard work done and may go for a walk with my husband, later. Enjoy the day, friends!
  • curses7
    curses7 Posts: 32 Member
    Today is cloudy and cool so it was a great day to do my 3 mile walk! I was able to run for about 1/4 mile total before my knees and ankles started calling me nasty names. Little by little I WILL be able to run again.
  • Unaisha8
    Unaisha8 Posts: 247 Member
    The weather was good in London today and it was my rest day so I went shopping :happy: However, I didn't find anything healthy to eat so I had to wait until I came home then had a delicious salad and grilled chicken.
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    I had two runs today - one was a 5k, the other was a 30 minute run/walk at my daughter's school. One started at 8 am, the other at 9am, so my commitment/challenge was to finish the 5k in under 30 minutes in order to get to the other event on time. I did it in 31.07!! I am so proud of that time! Then at my daughter's school I did another 1.75 miles, mostly walking. My husband, daughter and I were STARVING after that, so we went out for a BIG breakfast, and I told my husband I didn't care about calories, I just wanted to eat!! :laugh: The rest of the day I'll care a little more I guess!

Oh, and I have to mention, my daughter, who is 6, did 2 1/2 miles at the 30 minute run at her school! We're so proud of her!
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Well my committment today is to walk more than 7,000 steps. I didn't make my goal of 12,000 yesterday and today I actually slept in and went out to breakfast with a friend...didn't do so great there. I have a birthday party tonight so I just will have a sliver of a piece of cake and no ice cream. Oh man, this day is a killer!
  • krk5235
    I had two runs today - one was a 5k, the other was a 30 minute run/walk at my daughter's school. One started at 8 am, the other at 9am, so my commitment/challenge was to finish the 5k in under 30 minutes in order to get to the other event on time. I did it in 31.07!! I am so proud of that time! Then at my daughter's school I did another 1.75 miles, mostly walking. My husband, daughter and I were STARVING after that, so we went out for a BIG breakfast, and I told my husband I didn't care about calories, I just wanted to eat!! :laugh: The rest of the day I'll care a little more I guess!

Oh, and I have to mention, my daughter, who is 6, did 2 1/2 miles at the 30 minute run at her school! We're so proud of her!

Great job starting your daughter out in a very healthy way! congrats on both & to both of you!
  • krk5235
    Keep fighting Em, your doing great! Now if it were me, i'd have a touch of ice cream and skip the cake! Course i am an ice cream-o-holic!! Hang on to achieving your goals!