Jillian = smile

Options
staceypunk
staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
Hey fellow JM enthusiasts!

I have loved doing Jillian workouts (you can see details on my profile) but have been doing the Insanity program since March 18th. I had a really crappy day at work, so when I got home I put Kickbox Fast Fix in and when my husband was passing by he said "nice to see you smiling while working out again".

I don't dislike Insanity but I certainly don't look forward to it like I did the Jillian stuff. I am determined to finish it, but can't wait to get back to Jillian when it's done.

I must admit that FastFix did seem much easier after doing Insanity this long. I didn't really start sweating until 15 minutes in, and I did all three levels back to back. I didn't start to feel fatigued until about 7 minutes into the third workout. But I still sweat real good and was done by the end of it. When Insanity is over you literally drop to the ground and can't move for a minute. There are all similar moves but Shawn T makes you do each exercise longer and faster. It was so nice though, being able to do all of the Jillian exercises for only 30 seconds each and having nearly perfect form for the entire 60 minutes. I felt like I could have been one of the girls in the room with her and was even bouncing around between the exercises. When I was doing the kick box fast fix before starting Insanity I would do two of the workouts back to back.

Anyhoo, just sharing a bit! I can't sleep so looking around and no one has posted here in a while.

Peace!

Replies

• Gatus98
    Gatus98 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I agree. There's something about Jillian that just clicked with me. I've never stuck to a workout plan before in my life until I started doing her videos. I like the fact that she doesn't expect us to feel good doing her workouts. I hate it, but like she said, I love the results and that's what it's all about. Following her lead really lead to surprising changes in myself. It's awesome. I guess there's a reason she's become the fitness icon that she is. She really is good at what she does and knows how to motivate people to surpass their expectations.
  • preenie
    preenie Posts: 5
    Options
    I discovered Jillian's DVD's in 2010 - i've not done any of my others once since lol!!
    She incorporates everything i love (weights, resistance, HIIT, abs) into every work out. I love her sense of humour & no nonsense approach to fitness.
    And i often find myself grinning along with her & the cast.... its sad, but true :-)
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I also find Kickbox Fast Fix kind of easy so I started holding dumbbells for all the punches. Now that's a workout.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I also find Kickbox Fast Fix kind of easy so I started holding dumbbells for all the punches. Now that's a workout.

dag! I'll have to try that!

So, I officially stopped the Insanity program (7 workouts shy of completion). I was just miserable and bored. I pretty much proved to myself that I can do it, so why drag it on another week. My whole schedule changed because I did not have enough energy to do it first thing in the morning. Also, my mom (whom I see every other month about) commented that my posture wasn't looking as good. I think she's right, I just didn't notice it. Maybe it's because I was so wiped out feeling all the time, I dunno.

Anyhoo- so back on that Jillian horse! I've decided to do another round of 30 day shred and killer abs. So I wake up and do the shred first, immediately followed by killer abs. I'm sticking with 10 days of each level of the shred and rotating level 1, level 2, level 3 of killer abs.

I was surprised at what a good workout 30DS still is for me. I was sore the first 2 days. I mean, it was way easier than Insanity, but I sweat good by the end and have sore muscles the next day. I do need to do something in addition to the shred though as I am really not fatigued much at all by the end of it.

Now I just have to think about how to set my goals on MFP. I had switched to TDEE-10% (i think) which upped my calories and have been eating there for about 2 months. I think that I am burning less calories than Insanity (though not much less), so don't know if I should redo my activity level. I currently have my activity level listed as 6-7 hours of strenuous activity per week.

SO, do you consider 30DS and Killer Abs (one hour total) STRENUOUS activity? The next category is 3-5 hours of moderate activity.

THANKS!
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I've never tried the TDEE method because my weeks are never the same thanks to work. I just set MFP for lightly active then add on my exercise calories measured with my HRM. I guess it depends on how much time you spend working out and how hard it is for you?
  • jillianfan317
    jillianfan317 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    aq0HA-Jb5LY_zps4544f807.jpg