Any Obese Moms?

Options
2»

Replies

• aemata
    aemata Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm also struggling with weight. I was at a healthy BMI with my first and weighed about 150lbs (I'm 5'5"....so higher end of it) and now i'm starting off at 210 for this one! I still at times can't believe what I see when I look in the mirror! But, I am staying around 1600-1700 calories a day and I work out 4 days a week. Days I'm hungrier I'll eat a little more, but I'm pretty good around this point. So far I have lost 7 lbs and I'm 17 weeks (due late Oct/early Nov, depending on if I choose a C section or vback).

I would love to hear success stories of women in my shoes - who maybe started out obese with their pregnancy, but gianed little weight and then lost all of it after. It happens, right? If we work hard enough? My biggest goal right now is to establish healthy habits so after baby #2 it will just be so much easier bc it's already ingrained in my head and in my lifestyle. It's nice to see other people in my shoes- I, too, feel like I'm the only one sometimes. But WE CAN DO THIS, ladies!! And we need to remember that bringing life into this world is truly miraculous and a gift from God. It's something we really don't control. But, our weight we can and we will! :)
  • maudsxuad
    maudsxuad Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was a little apprehensive in joining this group but glad there are women on here in similar weight situations. I am 5'6" and 270lbs at the beginning of my pregnancy. I am currently 17w3d with no weight gain so far :0) I was advised to gain no more than 10-15lbs, but was told by another doctor I could maintain my current weight. I am new to the DFW metroplex so if anyone is in my area please add me!
  • CrystalWalks
    CrystalWalks Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am considered obese as I weigh 205 and am I 5'3 but at my heaviest I was 243 so I have came alone ways....I am 11 weeks and 3 days pregnant ( fetal age) and I want to know since I am considered obese when I can I expect to get my baby bump? I am so excited and can wait to start showing.... I am hoping to start showing in my 5 month :smile:
  • bed2883
    bed2883 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am considered obese as I weigh 205 and am I 5'3 but at my heaviest I was 243 so I have came alone ways....I am 11 weeks and 3 days pregnant ( fetal age) and I want to know since I am considered obese when I can I expect to get my baby bump? I am so excited and can wait to start showing.... I am hoping to start showing in my 5 month :smile:

It's different for everyone. With my first I was overweight, but not obese and while I could tell around 13-15 weeks I didn't have an obvious bump until 18-20 weeks.

With my second it was obvious at 10 weeks and I had to share the news before I was ready. I started out heavier with baby #2 too.

With this baby I started as obese and could tell around 10 weeks, but became obvious at 14 weeks. I'm not 23 weeks and look more like 7-8 months. But all belly and boobs. I haven't gained weight anywhere else.
  • DistantJ
    DistantJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options

With my first I wasn't really overweight and started to show around 5-6 months. With this one, many babies later, I am 30 weeks and still just look fat to others, though to me my stomach looks HUGE. I can tell that people at church want to ask if I'm pregnant, but are worried that I've just put on more weight so don't say anything! :D:D:D
  • Rag_Doll
    Rag_Doll Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing here?
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 weeks now and up about 7-8 lbs. Feeling good for the most part. It's HOT & HUMID here so I haven't done as much exercise in the last week or so as I'd like to, but it's just too damn miserable outside.

I still feel like I'm not showing. My husband can see it. I see it if I'm lying down. I've always had big boobs and I guess I won't feel like I look pregnant until my belly is bigger than my boobs :) I'm in maternity clothes but mostly because last summers "skinny shorts" don't fit well so I just bit the bullet and bought maternity ones rather than a size larger of regular shorts. Then the slippery slope started...I can see the maternity band with regular tanks and t's so I picked up a couple maternity tanks since they're longer....

Had my 20 week ultrasound and the baby is right on target for size and weight, so that's good.

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • nan199678
    nan199678 Posts: 140
    Options
    Hi! I'm def an obese mom. I'm 4'11 & 209. I won't be obese long tho. I've lost over 100lbs before & plan to kick *kitten* again once baby is here. I'm 21weeks & have gained 5lbs. Happy to be here w other moms working on their health. :-)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I'm morbidly obese 300lbs and my appetite right now is ravenous...:sad:
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I just found out I'm pregnant with my 4th. I'm 5'1 at 200lbs (as of this morning). Two weeks ago I was 196 :mad: I'm hoping to gain between 15-20lbs this time around.
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Will be 33 weeks tomorrow and am up one kilo (2.2lbs) from my weight at 4 weeks. My weight went down during the first trimester, then back up during the second. I am hoping I can get to the end from here without gaining more than another 2 kilos (4.4lbs), which means limiting weight gain to half a pound a week and will make my end weight around 205lbs.

How are you girls doing? Where are you at in your pregnancy and how much have you lost/gained?
  • SamanthaAnneTowler
    Options
    I'm returning after a miscarriage in May. Got our new bfp at the end of July and we're due at the beginning of April with Twins per our early 8 week scan. Anxiously awaiting my 12 week scan that I don't have a date for yet but have a booking appt tomorrow and a consultant appointment on Tuesday at the twins clinic so things are starting to feel like they're going to be ok this time around. So far at 10 weeks I have gained 7.4 pounds but I know that over half of it is just retained water and bloat as I'm just not eating the way I normally would have due to the nausea. Now that that is starting to settled down I should be seeing much smaller increases I would hope. I think it's very hard to gauge weight gain too with twins all I know is that so far I have gained less this pregnancy than I did with my daughter three years ago so I think I'm doing ok so far. I'm also at a loss as I can't do as much exercise as I'd like atm as I'm just absolutely exhausted. Will be lots of walking for me throughout the pregnancy and I don't see anything else other than maybe prenatal yoga being do able.
  • BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Me me, I'm obese! I'm 5'2 (158cm) and 201lbs (91kgs.) Down from 316lbs (143kgs!) I'm 11 weeks pregnant today. My doctor told me I could continue to lose weight throughout my pregnancy, eating at a 20% deficit, unless any problems occur. I've lost 10lbs since our positive test and I've not had a single pregnancy symptom. *knock on wood* If anyone wants to add me as a friend, feel free!
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 weeks as of tomorrow, and up 20 lbs. more than I'd like to be up, but I feel fabulous and have kept up all my normal activities so far. It's mostly in my belly & boobs, judging by the way my clothes fit (I still wear a lot of non-maternity clothes). My OB doesn't seem to care about the weight as long as I feel good, stay active, etc.... With my current weight, I'm about 5 lbs less than I was at my heaviest (non pregnant).
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I got pregnant when I weighed 252 (down from 312, 60lbs). Im 13 weeks and I still fluctuate 1-4 lbs. Hoping not to gain more than 20lbs overall, but I'm trying not to stress so much about it. Like others, I am struggling w/ my sweet tooth (trying to keep my carbs down) and if I get hungry, I'm either really moody or nauseous until I do eat. Trying to stick w/ my usual type of foods, just bumping up the servings... and I know sweets here and there won't hurt as long as it's not crazy amounts! :smile:

Plus I need to keep up w/ my exercising... ever since finding out I'm pregnant (about 3 weeks ago), I haven't been doing much except eating and trying to sleep, haha.