Weekly motivation

Options
superpoo
superpoo Posts: 25 Member
Hello wonderful people,

I just thought it would be nice to have some extra motivation for the May Challenge to keep us going.

I was watching Biggest Loser (I need as much motivation as I can get) and the season had a "no excuse" season for the 11th one.

I think the first week should be "week 1 with no excuses". No junk. No reasons not to work out. No sodas. No booze.

What do y'll say?

More suggestions for the rest of the weeks?

Replies

• ashleyeliz25
    ashleyeliz25 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I think that is a great idea!! I plan on posting weekly discussion so everyone can share their goals and total calories burned for that week. I think your idea sounds awesome!!
  • Tme2change
    Tme2change Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    What do you consider booze?
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    That's great you're getting motivation from the Biggest Loser. If "No Excuses" will motivate you, terrific! But no alcohol doesn't work for me. I'll continue to do my best to not go over my daily/weekly calories. I know Saturday is going to be a challenge already, as we are having friends over for dinner, drinks & the playoffs. And Sunday is the final game of my social league hockey season, and will include bar food & drinks on the patio. I'll do my best to earn as many calories as I can by exercise (last Saturday I went for a 45 min swim and over an hour bike ride for 1,100 calories burned so I could go out and party on Saturday night). But I'm not cutting out booze/snacks/junk if I have calories available to spend. That's dieting, and it hasn't worked for me/wasn't sustainable. My goal is to modify my lifestyle - to make better choices daily; even down to meal by meal, but permit myself to indulge in moderation.

It's been working so far; I'm down 40 lbs since Jan 2nd. And I lost that in spite of not having one single "perfect" week where I never went over my daily calories. I try very hard not to go over my daily allotment. But if I do, I try to exercise earn those calories back on the shoulder days to the event - the day immediately before or the day immediately after. Overall, I try to stay under my weekly calories as a whole. But if I can't, despite my best efforts, meh, I don't beat myself up for it as a failure. My goal has been to exercise daily; only taking a day off if my body tells me it needs a rest - about once a month.

So, for me, I'll keep my motivation going with what I've been doing already. Just thought I'd share a different concept for those who don't want to/won't be able to achieve the hardline "No Excuses" you've proposed. A different path to success!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    LOVE THE "NO EXCUSES"!!! And I love the show too!!! :flowerforyou:
  • katpatoneill
    katpatoneill Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I WOULD attempt this, but two of my best friends are turning 21 this week, on top of finals week (Which automatically means junk... but surprisingly I haven't done TOO bad, I swear!), on top of graduation stuffs... Things are kinda crazy. But I adore the Biggest Loser- it's one of my favorite shows! :)
  • Ely0418
    Ely0418 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yes I think is a good idea. I really want to let go of soda, I actually probably had one can last week which is a bid deal for me. My goal is to get rid of soda for the rest of my life.