Gluten Free Low Calorie Soups Ideas?

Options
bcklee
bcklee Posts: 50 Member
I am looking for gluten free low cal soups ideas that are healthy and low in calorie? Does anyone have favorites they would like to share?

Replies

• ajhr
    ajhr Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Almost any homemade soup will be gluten free!
    My favorite is curried roast pumpkin: roast chunks of pumpkin in the oven until tender and starting to crisp up then transfer to a large pot. Add water or chicken stock until pumpkin is just covered and simmer until pumpkin begins to fall apart. Add about a teaspoon of curry powder and salt and pepper to taste. Whiz it up using a stick blender (or regular blender), adding a little more water if its too thick.
    You can add carrots, cauliflower or other vegetables to the pot if you want more variety.

I know this recipe is imprecise, but it's quite easy and delicious :)
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My favourite is chicken soup...nothing exciting. Chicken, carrots, cerery, onion, broth, spices....thats about it. Homemade broth if we had roast chicken in the previous days.
  • bcklee
    bcklee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas!!
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Try this one:

7 medium zucchini squash
    4 cups chicken broth (stock)
    4 laughing cow light triangles

Boil Zucchini in the broth until soft
    Remove from heat
    Blend with standing hand blender until smooth and creamy
    Whisk in the cheese triangles while bringing to a simmer
    Season to taste: I add basil, black pepper, and just a touch of salt.

Serve poured over cooked basmati rice. 2 cups of soup to 1 cup of rice.
    Top with shredded or thinly sliced Swiss Cheese and garnish with a leaf of parsley (or a sprinkle if dried)

I use Armstrong lactose free Swiss slices so the Nutrition based on that is below:
    Cals 349
    Carbs 52
    Fats 8
    Protein 17
    Fibre 2
    Sugar 3

ETA: The recipe makes 6 servings so you need to make 6 cups of rice total.
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I throw beans or split peas into a crockpot with onions, a hamhock, and maybe some root vegetables. Eight hours or so later I have a delicious soup that's usually 250-300 Calories/serving.
  • SophieMiriam
    Options
    Try this one! 210 calories a serving. As written, it is not gluten free, but she provides a link in the comments to make it gluten free.

*edited to add the link. DUH. http://halfadozenproductions.blogspot.de/2013/05/sauteed-mushroom-soup.html