Check in on Monday! New goals or struggles.

Options
This has been a trying week for me. I have been fighting emotional eating,big time.( Family struggles). I'm trying to stay active to balance sugar binge. Praying for a better week. Hope everyone is doing ok. Let's keep in touch!:smile:

Replies

• bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I hope things get better. It's tough to be "good" when you're an emotional eater and having struggles, that's for sure!

I have a couple of goals, but one will probably affect the other, so I'm not sure how it'll go. One, I'm going to try to get my hubby to exercise with me... at least on my weight days. He has a bad knee due to a war injury and can't really do a lot of the cardio stuff that I do. But he's agreed to do that as well as going for a walk or playing on the Wii a little when I get home from work.

My other goal is to increase the level of my workouts a little bit. We'll see how that goes because I don't want my hubby to get discouraged and give up because he's trying to keep up with me. That second goal might have to wait a little while. :smile:

Good luck everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • ladypinktulip
    ladypinktulip Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Stuck in a pattern of emotional eating. Was proud of my 11 pounds lost since I started. Now I am up 7 pounds. VERY discouraged. I have SO MUCH weight to lose, I was on a good pattern and due to a major trial going on in my life, I am
    not making good choices. I know this works. I hate it when I fall off the program.
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    New goals or struggles......

Emotional eating -- oh, that's a struggle for me as well!

Last week I fell short on the exercise goals -- missed 1 of 3 strength days, missed 1 of 3 ab days and 2 of 3 stretch days. Did make the 6 of 6 cardio days.

I get discouraged easily. Perhaps the scale isn't the better indicator -- measurements may be. I'll be due to measure end of this week.

This week, I will plan to reach goal for exercise and eat per dietitan's suggestion.
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that all of you are having a rough week.

Just remember, every day is a new day to start again.

My goal this week is to get back on my program. I was doing great, then got discouraged due to some comments people on MFP made, then started going through a bad time at work... and I looked in the mirror the other day and it seemed like all of the progress I made has disappeared.

So, I'm going to do my best this week to do some kind of exercise every day and try to make good choices when it comes to food.
  • susanjean62
    susanjean62 Posts: 200
    Options
    Sounds like wonderful goals. Always great to have a partner that wants to get healthy too. I worked outside for over 4 hours and it was a great distraction. My darn knee has been acting up,also plantar fasciitis on the same side. I have had to stop the walking exercise but am still being active. My goal:To keep positive and moving forward. Have a great week. :smile:
  • susanjean62
    Options
    It is such a struggle,when you are an emotional eater. I have also been going through some trials,and turned to food,but am fighting it and trying to stay focused and positive. Please quit beating yourself up over your weight gain. It will just make you feel worse and turn to food more. Get a plan of action,regroup,get a bunch of healthy food, plan your meals and snacks,and get rid of everything that may trigger binging or overeating. Stay busy! We can help each other. Hang in there,darlin, :heart:
  • susanjean62
    Options
    Think this seems like it has been a difficult week for many of us. I also get discouraged when the needle on the scale stays the same or (dreaded) UP. I belong to a weight loss group and I asked if I could use my measurements instead.(guess not)Oh,well. I took them at home and I was pleased. In the past 22 days,I lost 3 inches off my hips,an inch of my waist,and 1/2 inch of thighs and calf. Not too shabby. Be encouraged. You are doing super,even if you didn't complete all your exercises. Great goals!:smile:
  • susanjean62
    Options
    What a great,positive attitude. I know you have been struggling with work issues and that in itself is trying. I am sorry to hear someone said something mean on MFP. Hopefully,it wasn't from our group. That is one of the reasons I wanted to start this group,so we could find others who struggle with emotional eating and could encourage and give love to each other. You are a beautiful person,and one that always is so encouraging to others. Time to believe in yourself. Like you said,There is always a new day. (((hugs)))):smile:
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I know I enjoy this group, people are not mean on here. Emotional eating gets me also, next time I get sick (eat when I am sick also) or upset, I plan on uping the protein! and know this too shall pass or confront, I hate to but if I dont I eat.
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Yup, I agree -- protein is the way to go. Add to every meal... at least that's what my dietitan stated for me.

Today, I learned (again) - lack of exercise means weight gain. The scale showed a gain. So I need to refocus (again).
    I will do my measurements tonight or Saturday... since they are due to another group I'm in by Sunday. The last time I did measurements was 6 weeks ago -- at the start of that group's 6 week program.

My biggest challenge is my man. When he's home, I can't seem to dedicate time for me to do exercise DVDs. It's "honey, sit on the couch w/me...... honey, cuddle with me." Sigh, I can't say -- No, I don't want your attention, I want to do my exercises.

When I'm home alone -- so much better for me to do my DVDs.

Anticipating on becoming unemployed at the end of this month. So that means I'll have time...... when he's at work.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

My biggest challenge is my man. When he's home, I can't seem to dedicate time for me to do exercise DVDs. It's "honey, sit on the couch w/me...... honey, cuddle with me." Sigh, I can't say -- No, I don't want your attention, I want to do my exercises.

This is why I became an early morning exerciser. When I was doing it after work, I often wouldn't get to it because I just wanted to hang out with my husband. I'm not sure if the early morning time is an option for you.

That's a good way to look at your potential life change at the end of the month... time to get your exercises in while your hubby is gone. Hopefully things work out for you.
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options

This is why I became an early morning exerciser. When I was doing it after work, I often wouldn't get to it because I just wanted to hang out with my husband. I'm not sure if the early morning time is an option for you.

That's a good way to look at your potential life change at the end of the month... time to get your exercises in while your hubby is gone. Hopefully things work out for you.

Same here! I started early morning workout time before he is up also which works OK as long as I go to bed early enough the night before.

SusanJean - no one has been mean here. Everyone is very kind and supportive in this group.
  • susanjean62
    Options
    Thanks for the protein tip!
  • susanjean62
    Options
    It has been rainy and cold here and when it's gray out,I get depressed and that's when I eat. So strange how weather effects me. You spurred me on to go exercise. I was a total slacker yesterday. Just can't seem to get energized. Will will push through this,ladies! :smile:
  • susanjean62
    Options
    I think it would be hard to get in exercise when someone else is there. I live alone,so don't have that issue. Wish I was more of a morning person. I usually exercise late afternoon,but happy anytime I do it,just cause I'm exercising!:smile:
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Beginning date: 3/23/2013

Today's measurements at the end of the 6 week challenge
    waist - lost 3 inches
    hip - lost 2.25 inches
    thigh - gained 1.5 inches
    upper arm - no change
    calf - lost .75 inches
    bust - lost 1.5 inches

weight loss - 2.2lbs
  • susanjean62
    Options
    I didn't think it was anyone from our lovely group. We are all about spreading the love! Have a good weekend,ladies.:happy: (off to exercise)
  • susanjean62
    Options
    That's awesome! Wish my waist was going down as fast as my hips! But I'm happy. Started out wearing a size 16 and now can wear a 12..yipeee...
  • Aboele79
    Aboele79 Posts: 40
    Options
    Sorry that everyone is having a hard week, Old habits are hard to break especially when we are tested to our max. i really hope you all have a great up coming week :D xx. I have had a trying week on a few levels but also one of some good things too. i had to make the heart breaking decision to have my cat put down i cannot put into words how much that sucked i am really going to miss his little furry face. The vertigo that i have been suffering from is getting less but is still here especially in the mornings which has been horrible and have recently found out that it can take months to fully disappear :( . On the happier side of things We have had a influx of new girls at roller derby which has kept me busy :D but that is not a bad thing . and today for the first time in 2 weeks i did level 2 of the 30 day shred ... sucked big time but couldn't wipe the smile on my face :D. at least i did it :D . My goals this week are to keep positive , drink loads more water and do the 30day shred each day . Wishing you all peace and strength this week :flowerforyou:
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    That's awesome! Wish my waist was going down as fast as my hips! But I'm happy. Started out wearing a size 16 and now can wear a 12..yipeee...

Thanks. The negative thought is saying, well he must have measured wrong. There's no way I did that.
    Haven't dropped clothing sizes yet.. that makes it frustrating.

Patience, patience, patience.... that's what is needed.