COMMITMENT - 04/29/13

Options
What commitments are you going to make today to help achieve your goals? :)

Replies

• warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    My plans today, beyod sticking to my calorie goals and drinking water; are to go for a walk with a friend after work... and to do the strength training apps on my phone. I can hear those push ups taunting me now haha
  • sgouti1
    sgouti1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My commitment today is to not eat past 7:00pm. I'm going to eat dinner as soon as I get home, cook dinner for my boyfriend (and my lunch tomorrow) then hit the gym. Over the weekend, time got away from me a bit and I ate dinner at 7:30 last night and caved and had a healthy snack at 8pm on Saturday night. NO MORE OF THAT! After 7pm, I will allow myself to have all the water I can stand and one cup of plain hot tea.
  • Unaisha8
    Unaisha8 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My commitment for today is to do 45 mins Billy Blanks Cardio workout and some strength training when I get home. I just hope I have enough time as I have to attend a medical conference today :yawn:
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My commitment for today is to complete more reps during my am strength training and to stay on the treadmill for 45 minutes tonight, which should mean a little over 4 miles. I also want to walk to the garden up the road from my house with my daughter tonight to check out the tulip festival. To get there and back is almost 2 miles. If she decides to ride her scooter I might even get some extra running in.

I've already completed my strength training this morning. Instead of doing one set of 12 reps of each move, I did two sets of 15 reps, then I had a little more time so I focused on my abs a little more. Part 1 of my commitment was a success!
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    April 249th's Commitment:

Today's commitment is to walk 12,000 steps today. Drink 8 glasses of water. Week1 Day1 of modified push up App

LETS KEEP ROCKING THIS LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!!!
  • mamakeke22
    mamakeke22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    today I am going to do a biggest loser workout even though im in pain from this sunburn
  • nicf76
    nicf76 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I was going to make this a rest day, but I decided to go rake the lawn and move some bricks. I think I will be done for the day have to go to work in a few hours. Feels good to get outside.
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Eat veggies, do some light exercise (this is an XT and recovery day for me), get to bed before 10 pm.
  • TheFabTam
    TheFabTam Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My plan today it to run on the treadmill on my lunch for at least 30 mins. :) Im sure I can do it!
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    My commitment was to repeat yesterday's c25k day, which I just did. Yesterday, my husband WALKED along side me as I jogged. I am that slow! It was a wake up call to start picking up my pace.

I pulled the trigger and ordered 3 JM DVDs, including 30 Shred. Excited to begin!

I plan on getting in another 30 minutes on the treadmill later this afternoon.

Now to get dressed and do my volunteer stint at the local senior center.
  • okishkash
    okishkash Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love reading everyone's commitment plan. I also love how everyone is so motivated to get things done.

I got 20,000 steps in yesterday and loved the "light" feeling when I woke up this morning. Today I am going to prepare meals as per my plan and get at least 10,000 steps in.
  • curses7
    curses7 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Today is gym day! I've been reading up on HIIT and am going to incorporate something into my routine today. I like the idea of the flat out running for 30 seconds then resting for 2 mins for a repetition of 5. Then I'll move over to weights. Today is arms, I might throw a little core work in depending on how exhausted I am from the cardio.
  • sophieburningham
    sophieburningham Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Today was a swimming day, I managed 22 lengths today and really struggled but made it! It's not the 25 I was aiming for this week but I'm going to try and go Wednesday and Friday this week to up it to 3 sessions. I also walked to work as normal. My commitment today was to get up earlier and do some leg lifts before work, and I did that! Also did a boxing workout video on youtube instead of the normal aerobic styled one I always do, I burnt more calories in the same amount of time as the intensity was a LOT higher.
  • crystalball24
    Options
    Go on a hike/run with the dogs after work for at least an hour and stick within my calories!
  • TDABMama0617
    TDABMama0617 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Plan to drink water water water! And stick within my calories. To make 20 pounds by the end of June, I'm gonna have to push myself really hard EVERY week! I plan to do day 6 of 30DS (1/5 of the way there!!!) and housework! I'll try to walk at least a mile as well.
  • TheFabTam
    TheFabTam Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    So ended up nixing the treadmill and went for the elliptical instead! Woot woot!
  • newtro0925
    newtro0925 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Rest day today. I had a very hard/active weekend. Good luck to everyone today.
  • otter619
    otter619 Posts: 8
    Options
    I woke up at 4am this morning and did 30 minutes on the eliptical, followed by 30 day shred. Although I haven't posted anything in a few days, I met my calorie and exercise goals last week and I'm feeling good about my progress so far. I'll do my weigh in after I get the kids to bed tonight. It sounds like everyone is having a successful day so far! Keep up the great work!
  • Frickin_Kat
    Options
    Today's commitment is weight workout before work and soccer skills after. Even though I was really tired and in the middle of a dream when the alarm off this AM, I just put one foot in front of the other and got my butt to the gym this AM. I forgot my HRM and my shuffle for the PM, but I will not be thwarted!

Have a great day everyone!!
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    My plans today, beyod sticking to my calorie goals and drinking water; are to go for a walk with a friend after work... and to do the strength training apps on my phone. I can hear those push ups taunting me now haha

DID IT ALL!
    My friend couldn't make walk time, so I turned it into walk/jog intervals at home. Did my pushups and arm work out apps so now I am enjoying supper (MMmm beans lol) and then it is house cleaning time!