7 Weeks after injury, ready to get going again!

kit_katty
kit_katty Posts: 992 Member
I managed to hurt my wrist when a 145lb barbell squat bent my wrist backwards, finally I've got the go ahead from my physiotherapist to go to the gym again and try it out! I'm debating on how heavy to start again, I was thinking half my previous max's (not considering the bar). Thoughts? I'm so excited! *happy dance*

Replies

• Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Yeah I would drop right back down....you can easily progress up quickly if you feel you are ready to, especially squats it will take you no time at all!

and...

WELCOME BACK!!!!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Welcome back! Coming back from injury is scary but SOOOOO exciting. I re-started at empty bar across the board because I was really scared to reinjure when I started back into the mix.

So glad to see you back!
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Glad you are back!
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 992 Member
    I may take everyone's advice... start really low again, it's just so frustrating! I got up to deadlifts of 155lbs! But I definitely don't want to reinjure myself... thanks for all the welcome backs! :happy:
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    I feel you about having to deload, but the reality of it is that 100 pound deadlifts with an uninjured body beat 0 pound deadlifts with an injured one. :smile:

You'll be up to your former PRs within a few weeks, but this time with no injury and the ability to actually enjoy your progress. :flowerforyou: