Half Way! (for those who started on 4/15)

Options
SnicciFit
SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
Hey Y'all! We're at the halfway point! In my experience, this is where the "magic" happens. The next 2 weeks are going to ROCK!

Replies

• kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    lol i hope so, i could use some "magic". im feeling a little weary today. last week i was telling something that i was 2.5 weeks in when i was only 1.5 weeks in...oy vey.

happy though - i honestly thought it would be harder if that makes any sense?
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Having major digestion issues...I would hope at this point I would be starting to functioning like a well oiled machine, but my stomach is going crazy on me. I'm pretty bummed.

Other than that, time is flying! This is so much easier second time around. No cravings and craziness. Starting the paleo challenge at my Crossfit gym May 1, so I got another 30 days ahead of me. Woohoo!
  • SnicciFit
    Options
    Having major digestion issues...I would hope at this point I would be starting to functioning like a well oiled machine, but my stomach is going crazy on me. I'm pretty bummed.

Other than that, time is flying! This is so much easier second time around. No cravings and craziness. Starting the paleo challenge at my Crossfit gym May 1, so I got another 30 days ahead of me. Woohoo!

My third one did that. I had digestion issues weeks 1-3 (maybe even longer). I wonder if it's a side effect of a healing gut?
  • explore_live
    explore_live Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Half way feels great, and it keeps getting easier and easier, the thougth for other things have slowly started to float away. I will be ready to make paleo ice cream in another 45 days, I am going for a whole 60 this time, right before my b-day!!!
  • MissXFit13
    Options
    Half way feels great, and it keeps getting easier and easier, the thougth for other things have slowly started to float away. I will be ready to make paleo ice cream in another 45 days, I am going for a whole 60 this time, right before my b-day!!!

Whole 60?! That's awesome! Yeah, it's amazing how foods I used to obsess over and consume on a daily basis (ahem, dark chocolate) fall by the wayside and become a distant memory. :)

I'm going to try a digestive enzyme and probiotics in addition to the raw saukraut and kombucha, although it just occurred to me kombucha might not be Whole 30 approved since it's fermented with sugar. Eh, whatever. It's good for me!

Anyone else completely lose their appetite lately? I am just simply not hungry these past few days. Trying to start skipping breakfast and eating only 2 big meals a day, see how that goes.
  • LisaGNV
    LisaGNV Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen my appetite diminish - but my desire for between meal snacks has gone away, so maybe there's that? I've also had some tummy and "lower plumbing" issues and wonder if it's my digestive track still cleaning itself out. Either way, I'm really ready for that process to complete itself!

I'm not up for a Whole60 but maybe two Whole30's separated by ONE DAY of, um... SUGAR. Yeah...I want a cupcake. I don't need it, it'll probably make me sick as a dog, but I'm going to eat one anyway.
  • kelr0110
    Options
    Anyone else completely lose their appetite lately? I am just simply not hungry these past few days. Trying to start skipping breakfast and eating only 2 big meals a day, see how that goes.

YESSSSSSSSSS. I am shocked because I would go on HUGE bingefests (you dont hit an all time high of 387 eating small portions lol). So for me to save half my chicken from dinner or give the rest of my food last night to my guy, it's kind of freaking me out - it's something I've never done. I used to pile plates high with stuff and could still eat more!
  • MissXFit13
    Options
    I'm not up for a Whole60 but maybe two Whole30's separated by ONE DAY of, um... SUGAR. Yeah...I want a cupcake. I don't need it, it'll probably make me sick as a dog, but I'm going to eat one anyway.

Girl, eat that cupcake and get sick as a dog! You will totally appreciate how you feel. Seriously. It'll be hell. :)
  • cksummer2013
    cksummer2013 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Super psyched here on Day 16! I haven't noticed the tiger blood yet either but I did put on a pair of blue jeans this morning I haven't worn in almost a year! It was a size 16 and they feel good. Thank you God for being in control because You know I am not! Taking it day to day. I can honestly say I have not cheated. I have thought about it a few times but I decided it was not worth it. I still miss my coffee creamer a little but not as bad as in the beginning. I just signed up today for an obstacle course 5K here in Tennessee for June. As far as what am I going to do when the 30 days is over??? I think I will stick with it. I mean, I have alot of weight I want to get off, but I know my body loves me for eating better. :D
  • LisaGNV
    Options
    Girl, eat that cupcake and get sick as a dog! You will totally appreciate how you feel. Seriously. It'll be hell. :)

As sadistic as it is...I actually HOPE I feel like total crap after eating it. I really need to see that going sugar free this past month is doing something to the way I feel.
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Woo! I've been away quite a bit but I'm still hanging in there! Day 17 today. In two weeks, I can have a beer!
  • SnicciFit
    Options
    Woo! I've been away quite a bit but I'm still hanging in there! Day 17 today. In two weeks, I can have a beer!

I'm counting down the days to my next woodchuck! :drinker:
  • kelr0110
    Options
    I love woodchuck - I had a raspberry one shortly before Whole30 - amazingness.

Had coconut chips for the first time today - interesting. Crunchy lol. Finally found tea with no artificial or natural "flavorings". I checked their website too so hopefully it's all accurate. Even if it's natural flavorings - wtf is that really? idk...anyway, i'm pleased. Sad that the highlight of my day is to go home and make iced tea with a tea blend called fruity pebbles lol. Macadamia nuts were 2 bucks cheaper per lb too at this place near my work. Score :)
  • LisaGNV
    Options
    The term "natural flavorings" should usually make you put any package right back on the shelf. The FDA will designate substances added to foods as "GRAS food additives" - GRAS = Generally Recognized As Safe - and therefore exempted from federal food additive tolerance requirements. A VERY popular natural GRAS additive is castoreum. Sound familar? Castoreum is a natural additive used to enhance artificial vanilla flavor (also used as part of raspberry & strawberry flavoring).

Castoreum is extracted from the ANAL GLANDS OF BEAVERS. Very natural.

Reference (because I am *not* making this up):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generally_recognized_as_safe
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castoreum
  • kelr0110
    Options
    Thanks elle! I have heard the beaver thing before LOL. Wonder if it was in my raspberry woodchuck!!!!!!!! oy vey

Yea as a rule during my whole30, usually anything "generalized" like that I have been skipping. I appreciate the reminder very much - it just reinforces this to me :)

Everyone have a beaver anal gland extract free day!
  • SnicciFit
    Options
    first of all: EW!

Second of all: technically that IS more natural than say artificial sweeteners... LOL!
  • kelr0110
    Options
    first of all: EW!

Second of all: technically that IS more natural than say artificial sweeteners... LOL!

LOL

what i want to know is.....who actually goes and collects this?