Introducing Myself

Options
plumwd
plumwd Posts: 161 Member
Hello everyone,

My name is Elke. I'm 37, mom to 3 boys, and wife to a big boy. I'm a web developer and work out of my home. I have been an avid life-long gamer starting with King's Quest and other Sierra games in the 80s. I started playing WoW during Vanilla and currently play on Bleeding Hollow (horde).

My main is a Mistweaver Monk - Jadedot. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/Jadedot/advanced

Free free to add me to your friendlist in game plumwd#1834.

I also enjoy playing Starcraft, Diablo, Torchlight, and The Sims.

This will be my 5th Blizzcon, super excited about it. My friends and I use it as a chance to catchup and hangout since so many of us are scattered throughout the country.

Replies

• phoenix3050
    Options
    Hello! I'm 34, way overweight, but will get to enjoy my first BlizZcon. I no longer play on World of Warcraft but love other games. Diablo, Civilization V, and Skyrim to name a few. I've just started Zombies, Run! 5K and love it so far. Looking forward to being a shape other than round >.<
  • nicheven
    nicheven Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Stephanie. I'm 28 and work as a computer repair technician. I have been struggling with my weight since my late teens and decided to do something about it when I hit 263 lbs. My goal is to be under 200 by blizzcon.

This will be my 4th blizzcon, missed out on 2007 and 2009. I play a worgen druid on ner'zhul, been playing since beta. Char name is Chrysantha.

My battletag is Chrysantha#1960
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm 33 and live with my boyfriend of 15 years (yeah, we are a little non conventional in that we never married and probably never will) and 4 cats. This year we'll be going to our 5th Blizzcon I guess? It's particularly exciting because my entire raid group and a couple of casual players are going to be attending.

I'd love to lose a little more weight by then... 15lbs would be awesome. I'm still overweight but for the first time in my life I don't feel super self conscious and terrible venturing out into public, so even if I didn't lose the extra pounds I'd be content. It's nice to say that. :)

Hoping that Blizzard announces Titan, their next MMO, at Blizzcon this year. Really excited about that.
  • nicheven
    nicheven Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    welcome to the group!
  • spinningcow
    Options
    My name is Aaron (38). I am a single dad of two wonderful teenage boys. We went to Blizzcon together in 2010 and I am going solo this time. I have played WoW since Vanilla and Everquest 1 & 2 prior to that. My main is Crelterra, a Restoration Shaman (alliance) on the Proudmoore server.

To make money I am a middle school science teacher. I let my weight get away from me after I left the Navy and was going to school full time, parenting full time, and working. I finally decided a couple years ago to make more healthy choices and have been working on losing and maintaining my weight since. I have not had many increases which is good.

I am looking forward to experiencing more of the Con this year including the parties that I could not attend last time due to the kids being with me. Good luck everyone on the weight goals. Hope to see you all in November.
  • aerynth
    aerynth Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Heya! I actually lost almost 80 pounds, starting three years ago, but have struggled maintaining it this past year. I gained about 15 back because depression and stress suck, so I'm trying to get back to the fit body I worked so hard for just two years prior. I can't seem to summon the iron will and discipline I had going for me last time, though, so I joined this group to help me find motivation. I do better when I can find strength in friends. Getting fit is less for Blizzcon and more a general step I need to take before my health relapses yet again, but hey, if Blizzcon gives me a time to aim for... well, good, right?

WoW-wise, I play a protection warrior and have been playing since vanilla. I've always raided pretty seriously and don't really pvp much. Would like some new friends to do alt stuff with, though! Bnet is Criss#1514
  • Edalyne
    Edalyne Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey I'm Monica (go by Edalyne on blizzcon forums and online in general). I'm 25 and a substitute teacher. Gonna start my teaching credential next year. I used to weight 135lbs in high school and in the past 8 years I've gotten up to 200 >.< So I'm trying to get it down to 160 as my first step. Eventually I'd like to get back to my high school weight or somewhere around there.

This will be my 6th Blizzcon! I plan on cosplaying (I did at the last 2!) as the enchantress from Diablo 3. I picked her third armor set so my tummy will be covered, but still I want to look good! I just started feeling really unhealthy and decided it was time to drop the pounds I've packed on. Hopefully we can all meet our goals :D
  • stroughnecks
    Options
    Hiya guys! I'm Veronica, but I go by Roni and Nessaria is my toons name. I'm 22 and a Postal Zombie(graveyardshifts).
    I've steadily gained weight since the end of my senior year in Highschool and capped off at 233, and really want to bring it back down, not only for Blizzcon, but other conventions and in general!
    I was using MFP before I started working nights and was close to 200 (which was my first Goal) last year and it went down the gutter as I adjusted to it and trying to take classes at the same time (worst Idea EVER, especially during xmas season). But now that it has finally tapered off and I have a somewhat normal schedule, its time to kick my *kitten* into gear.

This will be my first Blizzcon, and if all goes well, I'll be rocking a R63. Warchief Thrall cosplay. I'm excited, I'm pretty sure I squealed like a child in vent when we got our tickets. I can't wait to see you guys there
  • plumwd
    Options
    Hey there stroughnecks! I saw a post with you at cosplay.com. Waiting on them to approve a post now for over a day! It's frustrating having to wait when they're so slow.
  • stroughnecks
    Options
    Yeah, the forums can be such a butt, like they are today so I'm going to respond here. You Should TOTALLY do your goblin Idea :D I think that would be amazing, might need to have that image blown up and on a sign so people really get it, but I think most people will!
  • plumwd
    Options
    I was thinking of doing an iron on of Rosie on the back of my dress.
  • nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    [Revives thread]

My name is Heather, I am 32 years old and this will be my first Blizzcon. I have been part of the World of Warcraft world since Vanilla WoW. I am taking a break at the moment from WoW, but my main is a NE Druid on Thorium Brotherhood with my secondary main a NE Priest on Proudmoore.

I have struggled with my weight on and off all my life, and am currently 16.2 pounds down (since June). Hope to knock another thirty out before I go to the Con. Looking forward to experiencing Blizzcon, and having a good time! Hope to see some great reveals.
  • stone_kitty_31
    stone_kitty_31 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! Stonie <3 39 years old....love Overwatch and WoW Alliance/Druid. Trying to lose weight and get ready for all the walking in California :D Anybody going to Blizzcon this year?