Wedding Registry?

Options
Bunniculette
Bunniculette Posts: 71 Member
I know this isn't really MFP related but is everyone here registering for their wedding? Originally I didn't want to but succumbed to pressure from seemingly everyone (okay, mostly my maid of honor and my stepmother- both of whom were actually IN my colon about getting registered, lol.)

I know it's supposed to be fun but i find it kind of stressful. In a perfect world I would fill my silverware drawer with disposable utensils but suddenly I'm stressing over what kind of china pattern to pick. (Full disclosure: my current dishes are wedding china from the fifties.) Plus, it feels weird to be asking for things I don't really need. Sure new pots would be nice but as far as I know, my old ones cook just as well.

Are you ladies doing traditional gift registries or something else? Am I the only one trying to peddle my registry duties off to my maid of honor? (as in "hey, here's my password. I like purple, godspeed.")

Replies

• celtic0ne
    celtic0ne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    We chose a honeymoon registry since we have stuff and don't care about getting things we don't need. We are both in our 30's so it's not like we are just starting out.