4/30 Lets make it a challenge day!

Options
2»

Replies

• crystalball24
    Options
    I met my challenge today by riding my bike to work, and it was kinda hard with the headwind but I made it! Now I will get another great workout riding my bike back home! So happy it is biking season again, thats when I get in the best shape especially since I live a little further than last year :)
  • crystalball24
    Options
    Okay, my commitment today is to do P90-Chest and Back (or whatever Mondays normal routine is for Week 2) and go to the gym and do 45 minutes of elliptical.

My challenge today will be to bike for 15 minutes.

Since I have my stupid splints, I have to go to the gym...so might as well make use of their tools.

(I have not met a single challenge yet. My first challenge was to run 4 miles in 45 minutes, I did it in 48 minutes. My second challenge was to finish P90 - Plyo that I had not finished the previous day. I couldn't due to shin splints. By golly, dammit I am meeting todays challenge NO MATTER WHAT!!!!)

You got this!!
  • krk5235
    krk5235 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    YES, I biked that hill which got me to a creek road and peddled 2 to 3 extra miles!!! Got an hour an 10 minute ride in. MOTIVATION GETS IT DONE folks! Come on lets go, we can achieve!!!!
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    SOUNDS AWESOME! I am going to push myself to do more walk/jog intervals.... for a longer distance today. Also, I will do some squats and ab work tonight. (My arms are on a break after all the work they got yesterday haha)

CHAAAAANGE OF PLANS! My challenge today is to clean the house up & do laundry; pack a lunch and have breakfast stuff ready, and be in bed by 9:30pm.... because tomorrow morning at 6 am I have my first PERSONAL TRAINER SESSION! :D

Ok so......... basically did it all! Got my walk/jog intervals in.. and jogged more than I walked! Yahoo! ...Lunch for tomorrow is packed, housework is done and am all set for an episode of Dexter before bed. Awesome :)
  • babyblackbutterfly
    Options
    YES, I biked that hill which got me to a creek road and peddled 2 to 3 extra miles!!! Got an hour an 10 minute ride in. MOTIVATION GETS IT DONE folks! Come on lets go, we can achieve!!!!

You are awesome keith.
    Read your post and am off my patootie.
    Tryin to achieve.
    YOU are motivating...
    BBB:happy:
  • mcwdvm
    mcwdvm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Barring any evening calls, I am going to do a tempo run tonight with at least 2 miles at my goal half marathon pace. I find these runs painful and a little frightening and sometimes try to avoid them. Not tonight!
    Also, really have to watch calories today- stepped off of the wagon yesterday and got run over by some M&M brownies. :angry:
    No more- I am going to accomplish this goal.
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'll extend my run tonight by 10 minutes, making it 55 minutes. I'll push it to reach 5 miles in that time frame!

I did it! I stayed on the treadmill for 57 minutes tonight and completed a little over 5 miles. My legs were literally burning when I finally stopped! I don't see how people who run marathons can even feel their legs when they're done, but maybe someday I'll know firsthand! :smile:

After reading so much about 30 Day Shred and doing a little research on it, I decided to pick up a copy today. I'm looking forward to starting it tomorrow morning!
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    4/30 Committment and Challenge Day:

Well I forgot to put my bodymedia on today because it was charging aftter work last night :(

My committment:
    -Drink 10 glasses of water
    -Stay under my calorie goal (and not snack!)
    -Walk 1 mile at work

My Challenge:
    -Do an Insanity Workout
    -Walk at the park (1-2 miles)

Well I did meet my committment and I met part of my challenge. I did walk 1 mile at the park and came home and could not even *think* about doing an insanity workout. Urgh...I will try again some other time! :)

26406650.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • missharleychick
    Options
    Honestly I really don't want to do anything today, so I guess my challenge will be finding the energy and motivation to get up and get some sort of exercise in.

Ok I did it I jogged and did a very short walk, I have to say I feel good that I got off the couch! I am planning on taking the dog for a walk tonight, so I will end up doing even more than I wanted to!

That is the way to do it! Go you!!!
  • missharleychick
    Options
    4/30 Committment and Challenge Day:

Well I forgot to put my bodymedia on today because it was charging aftter work last night :(

My committment:
    -Drink 10 glasses of water
    -Stay under my calorie goal (and not snack!)
    -Walk 1 mile at work

My Challenge:
    -Do an Insanity Workout
    -Walk at the park (1-2 miles)

Well I did meet my committment and I met part of my challenge. I did walk 1 mile at the park and came home and could not even *think* about doing an insanity workout. Urgh...I will try again some other time! :)

26406650.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

That is okay, you tried! I failed my first two challenges but I keep trying, I keep setting goals that are a bit tough for me to reach, but if I didn't then what would the challenge be. Just keep trying, you will get there...
  • missharleychick
    Options
    I'll extend my run tonight by 10 minutes, making it 55 minutes. I'll push it to reach 5 miles in that time frame!

I did it! I stayed on the treadmill for 57 minutes tonight and completed a little over 5 miles. My legs were literally burning when I finally stopped! I don't see how people who run marathons can even feel their legs when they're done, but maybe someday I'll know firsthand! :smile:

After reading so much about 30 Day Shred and doing a little research on it, I decided to pick up a copy today. I'm looking forward to starting it tomorrow morning!

Yay, go you!!! You did even extra on top of your challenge, that is what this is all about! Great Job!!!!
  • missharleychick
    Options
    Okay, my commitment today is to do P90-Chest and Back (or whatever Mondays normal routine is for Week 2) and go to the gym and do 45 minutes of elliptical.

My challenge today will be to bike for 15 minutes.

Since I have my stupid splints, I have to go to the gym...so might as well make use of their tools.

(I have not met a single challenge yet. My first challenge was to run 4 miles in 45 minutes, I did it in 48 minutes. My second challenge was to finish P90 - Plyo that I had not finished the previous day. I couldn't due to shin splints. By golly, dammit I am meeting todays challenge NO MATTER WHAT!!!!)

I met my challenge!!! Woot Woot, the first one. In fact I did 30 minutes of biking vs. the 15 minutes I challenged myself too. I also met part of my commitment and did 45 minutes on the elliptical. I had to stop a few times because my toes were going numb. I sure wish my legs and feet would be normal so I can do what I love to do, but nonethless I did it. I didn't have the time (literally) to get P90 in, so that is my plan today, skipping the cardio. I am modifying my commitments to do cardio one day, P90 the next, and then cardio, etc. This will be a lot easier on my crazy schedule.