10km in June

Options
samgolod
samgolod Posts: 93 Member
Has anybody else got any races they are training for? I've got a 10km at Bedgebury on June 8th, it's a family friendly fun run kind of race but I really want to do it in under an hour (which would be a personal best for me). I've been using a programme from Run Keeper and reading The Art of Running Fast both of which have forced me to do speed work for the first time in my life, knackering but it's really working, I'm getting faster!

Replies

• EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Has anybody else got any races they are training for? I've got a 10km at Bedgebury on June 8th, it's a family friendly fun run kind of race but I really want to do it in under an hour (which would be a personal best for me). I've been using a programme from Run Keeper and reading The Art of Running Fast both of which have forced me to do speed work for the first time in my life, knackering but it's really working, I'm getting faster!

I'm doing another half marathon in September and we'll be doing my first full marathon next April, so kind of training already. My training at the moment only really consists of say 2 runs a week but it works for me.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

I'm participating in the Boston Athletic Association distance medly. The first race was a 5k that finished on the marathon finish line the day before the bombings. The second race is a 10k in June (will be my PB because I've never actually done a 10k before for some reason) and a half marathon in October.

But first I have a half marathon on Sunday. Looking forward to it.

How do you like the. RK training plan? I assume it's longer than 6 weeks? I'm looking for a plan for my 10k but I plan on taking next week off from running after my half so I only have 6 weeks for dedicated 10k training.
  • samgolod
    samgolod Posts: 93 Member
    Options

I'm participating in the Boston Athletic Association distance medly. The first race was a 5k that finished on the marathon finish line the day before the bombings. The second race is a 10k in June (will be my PB because I've never actually done a 10k before for some reason) and a half marathon in October.

But first I have a half marathon on Sunday. Looking forward to it.

How do you like the. RK training plan? I assume it's longer than 6 weeks? I'm looking for a plan for my 10k but I plan on taking next week off from running after my half so I only have 6 weeks for dedicated 10k training.
    The RK running programme is really good - you can only download them from the website (then you put it on your phone). They've got several so you can browse and pick one that suits you. My one is spread over 61 workouts and mixes up distances, slow runs, tempo runs and speed work - you run with your phone and a beep goes for each interval and it records your speed. Personally I'm really bad at doing speed work unless someone nudges me and this does the job fine!