Any "short" ebf mums?

Options
AlwaysWanderer
AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
I'm 5'1", 142lbs and ebf my 5 month old. I started watching my diet about 1.5 weeks ago, and I noticed a significant decrease in milk supply. I try to eat around 1500 cals a day ( my maint cals are 1500, add bf 500 and take out 500 for weight loss), but mostly go over :( but not by much. If I go over I don't lose any weight, if Im on target then I do. My little one has also started to be really fussy at the breast. Has anyone else experienced this? Oh, and I don't really exercise, except walking, but I don't log it, as it's only half hour at slow speed lol
Thanks

Replies

• TaraRyaz
    TaraRyaz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    5 foot 3 and 150 lbs. My daughter is 15 months. I haven't lost any pregnancy weight despite my efforts! It's difficult when you're short and everything seems to show while taller women carry it better! I do think that breast feeding causes some women to hold onto their weight. Good luck!
  • TaraRyaz
    TaraRyaz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I suggest upping your water intake to help the milk production. I drink a ton of water.
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    5'2" here with 4.5 month old. By eating 1500 - 1800 calories a day I've managed to lose 19 lbs. I started at 193 full term, lost 22 lbs with birth. 2 months old started watching what I ate and was 171, I'm not 152 lbs. I still need to be 135 lbs to not be overweight, but I started at 147 lbs, so I am almost to pre pregnancy.

I've heard some women can't lose weight while BFing though as the body holds onto it.

Days I drink a ton of water I notice more spit up (ie more milk) so I too would recommend drinking water like there's no tomorrow.
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and currently 135 lbs. My daughter is 5 months and I thought the weight would just MELT OFF. I was wrong. Here I am, on MFP trying to lose weight desperately. I drink Nursing Tea and tons of water to make sure that my supply will not be affected.

I am surrounded by 4-5 moms who had babies around the same time as me and they've all lost their weight already. This includes my super-competitive sister. It's so frustrating. They did it without diet and exercise and here I am, trudging along and trying my best.

ETA: I also wanted to add that sometimes counting calories is not enough. Are you eating healthy? Or are you having unhealthy snacks/meals? I know that I cannot lose weight unless I cut out sugar and processed carbs.
  • Annahasababy
    Annahasababy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and weigh 116 lbs. the weight did melt off for me, I'm now six months pp but working on toning up.

I think you may need to up your activity level a bit. Maybe go for longer walks, wearing your baby burns extra calories. Can you do a one hour walk every other day? I know it's so hard. Gosh. With a baby it's so hard to commit. But that's why we're on mfp!

Have you tried positive affirmations, scripting, or mirror work?
    Google Joyce Reynolds or Louise Hay..... I find a change in attitude can really help!!!
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" I started out t 190. I was eating around 2,000 calories a day to keep my milk supply up and still lost 2 pounds a week.
    I was EP. I got around 30oz a day which came out to 600 calories a day. not to mention whatever walking I did.