Life gets in the way....

Options
I just had to vent because I am a little frustrated. I just started a new job on Monday which has been GREAT. I am on week 2 of the diet and lost 3lbs so far. So life gets in the way......

Sunday- had large family party celebrating my cousin's confirmation. Served dinner, none of it was clean enough for the diet. I caved. Not terribly but still caved.

Monday- first day of work. I was invited to participate in a customer meeting and they ordered lunch in already. I had to eat what was there....all sandwiches from Panera. Wasn't sure what to do here....pick apart the sandwiches, in front of a bunch of people I just met for the first time??

Tuesday (today)- My team takes me out to lunch as a welcome to the company. Try doing this diet at a restaurant like Wildfire!
After work I had an artesian bread making class with friends .I was not going to skip it, I prepaid $70 for this class and my friends wanted to do this together! I forgot I bought this 2 months ago.

Wednesday - We have to go to dinner with a customer....this is supposed to be day 3. Yikes. It's all downhill now anyway.

I will start fresh on Monday. Problem is I will be traveling for 5 days to Las Vegas for work the middle of May! These events will always come up....the question I have is, how do you handle them?

Oh and by the way...the 3lbs I lost...they are right back on!

Joann

Replies

• debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Ah sorry that happened! I got the app today & discovered that I have been eating way too much on phase 3! oops... no wonder I felt so stuffed all day! Sure glad to have the app now, it will get me on track. I put myself right back where I started doing that. :ohwell: But its got to be good for the metabolism healing! :wink:

I think there is a chapter on eating out, isn't there?

Hope you get back on track. Congrats on the new job! :bigsmile:
  • betsyfurler
    Options
    I have celiac so I CANNOT ever eat bread so sandwiches are out. You could tell them you cannot eat wheat/flour of any kind and just eat the meat and then try to grab what ever else you need later. Whenever I am going to eat with other people, I contact the restaurant or the meal planner ahead and check on what will be served. That way I can bring my own or eat before I go it needed. It has made this diet much easier for me. I ate out 3 times this week. On Phase 2 I got a salad (no croutons/no cheese) with vinegar only, steamed veggies and a small steak. For another meal on Phase 2, I got a small chuck patty with grilled onions and mushrooms. On Phase 3, I got grilled chicken, salad with seeds and veggies (no dressing) and steamed veggies.
    I have to go out of town for work twice in these first 28 days. On the first trip, I will be in a very rural area and plan to bring some of my own food and then order very basic meals (grilled chicken or steak, veggies, etc) the rest of the time. On the second trip, I will be at a very structured meeting in DC. As soon as I knew I was going, I emailed the woman in charge of meals and let her know that I cannot have wheat (I also have nut/peanut allergies). No wheat usually means no sauces and I can ask for a meal without dairy when I am there.
    I guess the bottom line is that you have to plan ahead and be comfortable not eating the same foods that others eat. I never feel pressured to eat what is offered because of my food restrictions and allergies - my nut allergy is life threatening so I had to learn to stand up for myself early!

Good luck!
    Betsy