Science Round Table Discussion #1

Supplements for fat loss

Just starting off this group!

Caffeine and lipolysis

I think the most underutilized substance in any fat loss stack or just normal dietary/training regime that new comers don't know about is caffeine. Besides it's primary function as a CNS stimulant, it's lipolysis effects is nothing more but spectacular in my opinion. Caffeine is 84% Paraxanthine whose physiological effects on the body in regards to lipolysis is something people should keep in mind.

Ingesting 200-400mg of caffeine an hour before cardio (low intensity steady state or high intensity interval training) allows your body to break down fat deposits and turn them into free fatty acids (FFA) and release them into the blood stream to be readily used by your body.

Caffeine is so simple, cheap and effective, it's silly not to take it pre-cardio. Stacking it with various other compounds such as green tea extract (in particular EGCG), acyl-carnitine (ALCAR), Yohimbine HCL or even synepherine would create such a synergistic effect creating an environment for your body where it would have a heightened use of using fat for fuel.

Note: I will not mention prohibited drugs and substances that stack well with Caffeine

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    I agree that caffeine is one of the best legal supplements you can take. Cheap and effective and usually the active ingredient in other more expensive supplements.
  • blodk66
    blodk66 Posts: 60 Member
    I agree, I use it daily :bigsmile: