Marathons

Options
EdTheGinge
EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
Has anybody done the Amsterdam marathon before and has anyone attended a Pasta Party prior to a marathon the next day.

What would you class as a good time for a full marathon, irrespective of ability what would you say was good.

Replies

• Rev_Collins
    Rev_Collins Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Has anybody done the Amsterdam marathon before and has anyone attended a Pasta Party prior to a marathon the next day.

What would you class as a good time for a full marathon, irrespective of ability what would you say was good.

I would say making to the finish line is a good time. I am set to run my first full in September and have a goal pace in mind but honestly, just plan to enjoy the ride. Besides, that way you can beat your time at the next race ;)
  • samgolod
    samgolod Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've just come back from Amsterdam and I bet they do a really good marathon, it has that human sized friendly give it a go feeling to it.
    I reckon if you make four hours you are a fast runner and not a plodder anymore - not that I've ever attempted a marathon or would have a chance in hell of getting near 4 hours!
  • EdTheGinge
    Options
    Yes this is true Rev.

Well I'm all registered, looking forward to the pasta party lol. I'm going to start proper training from 1st June and I want to get round between 3.30 - 4hours. I'm excited but also a bit aprehensive as it's one heck of a challenge.
  • EdTheGinge
    Options
    That's I am now officially in training for my the Amsterdam marathon in October, my birthday is out the way so let's rock 'n' roll. No mercy, feel no pain and strive for excellence.

Anyone else in training ?

Any dietry advice from those in the know would be greatly appreciated, is it now that I should be upping the carbs as I up the miles ?