05/01 - A New Month!

Options
Good Morning and Happy May 1st!!!!!!!! Time to lace up our shoes and hit the ground running; a new month is a perfect blank slate waiting to be filled with success! ...What plans are you going to commit to today to help you achieve your goals? :)

Replies

• warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    My goals today were to go for a jog; have my fitness assessment done by a PT trainer at the gym I go to before work... and tonight I want to squeeze in a walk after supper and some more freakin' push ups because they are hard, I hate them, I can't do many and that doesn't matter because in time I will master them! :)
  • Unaisha8
    Unaisha8 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Good Morning and happy May 1st to you too :) Well my goals for today is start the Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred and include some strength training as well. Also, I want to increase my water consumption. Yesterday, I managed to drink 6 glasses of water so hopefully I can make it up to 8 today. :smile:
  • missharleychick
    Options
    Yay for May! (Hey that rhymes...)

Today I am doing P90, Chest and Back plus Ab Ripper.

I changed my workout plan. I simply do not have time to work out 2 hours a day with my previous plan which included P90 plus an hour of cardio. Yesterday I worked 6AM - 4PM, by the time I get home and got to the gym it was 6:30. I did cardio until 8:00PM (felt amazing, unfortunately not running though, just elliptical and cycling..) so I didn't get home till 8:30, then had a late dinner (but healthy). There was no way I could also do P90 like I had wanted to unless I got up at 3:00AM again, and that just about killed me (when I did that). So my new modified plan is P90 one day, cardio (1hour - 1.15) the next, P90 the next, so on and so forth. My goal is not to be ripped, but to lose weight first, then I can focus on toning. So this new plan has me relieved and not so stressed on how to squeeze in 2 hours of fitness a day. Kind of impossible with a full time career and kids galore!
  • krk5235
    krk5235 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    MAY DAY! Went hunting this morning this evening will be tough, have to get together with the other football coaches and cut up some chicken for a fundraiser that our team does this weekend. I am sure there will be beers there too, thankfully i busted my butt yesterday.
  • missharleychick
    Options
    MAY DAY! Went hunting this morning this evening will be tough, have to get together with the other football coaches and cut up some chicken for a fundraiser that our team does this weekend. I am sure there will be beers there too, thankfully i busted my butt yesterday.

We need to invent a no calorie Pale Ale... Yuuum, I would drink that all day long. wait, then that is not a good idea. Great job yesterday Keith! Reward yourself, don't overdo it though...(Like I did last weekend...who am I to give advice?) lol
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hangovers are killing me... I dont do anything before I go out and drink and then the next day I surely don't do anything except eat crap. Soooooooooo, I've decided that I'm going to set a goal of 2 weeks without a drink. Memorial day is at the end of this month and if I can make it 2 weeks I'm going to extend it to Memorial Day weekend. Then I'll reward myself. I'm also making a commitment to kick up the workouts. Go 15 minutes longer than my normail 1 hour routine. If I go to the gym and only have a weight day then I'm going to try my hardest to go out after dinner for a walk around the block. I have committed to two 5ks- 1 in Sept and 1 in Oct. I don't want to walk the whole thing so I'm pumped. Spring is here, the warm weather is the motivation I needed and I'm set. Let's do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • junkintrunk5
    junkintrunk5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My teenage daughter is really putting a damper on my working out, lol!! We are busy with AAU basketball, softball (school and travel teams).....yikes, I'm on the road!

Sooo, I'm running on my lunch (30 minutes), and if I have the energy, hubby and I are starting P90X May 1st (Today). However, I won't be home until after 7:30 from a double header softball game......let's see if my P90X plan works out.

Happy May 1st everyone!!!!! It's beautifu where I'm at, and I hope the sun is shining down on you, too!!!:)
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad it's May! Spring and Summer are my favorite seasons! I just wish the weather would cooperate. I live in Kansas and the weather here is reliably unpredictable. Yesterday and Monday it was sunny and 85 degrees, and today a cold front is moving in with a chance of snow early tomorrow morning. Winter is hanging on as tight as it can this year! UGH!

Anyway - I'm looking forward to a great month of excercise and weight loss. I started 30 Day Shred this morning before work and I'm definitely feeling it already! Tonight I'll do another 45 minutes on the treadmill. I think each week I'll increase my distance by a quarter of a mile, and on challenge days I'll do a mile above that. This morning my husband commented on my shrinking waistline and said he thought I'd be in a bikini by mid-summer. Who knows, maybe that will happen! I've never worn one before, even as a kid, so the thought of me in a bikini is just weird to me. Maybe someday soon I'll be able to surprise my husband and myself!:smile:
  • TDABMama0617
    TDABMama0617 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I haven't "committed" for a couple days. I am committing today to do Day 7 of 30DS and my Women's Health workout. I will also do a lot of laundry and packing as I'm leaving my hubby with our four kids for the weekend... :-S HE'LL have a full workout every day running after them! :-)
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I have a date with Jillian Michaels this morning ... Day 1 of 30 Day Shred, then I'll either hike or get on the treadmill for some cardio.
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    May 1st Commitment:
    -Walk 12,000 steps (I remembered my bodymedia this morning! Wahoo!!!
    -Walk at least 2 miles after work with a friend
    -Drink 8 or more glasses of water
    -Inspire some one to lose weight (Yesterday my little sister sent a sweet text message that made me cry stating how I've inspired her to lose weight and to get her steps in...yesterday she did 13,000 steps and stated that she was aching and how she didn't understand how I could get 12,000 in everyday--or aim too)
    -Start packing for my weekend trip with my niece and nephew to see my little sister.
    -Get in more protein

LETS KEEP ROCKING THIS LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!!!

26406650.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    *edited to add my ticker!*
  • sgouti1
    sgouti1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My goal today is to eat all of my calories. I still refuse to eat back calories burned from exercise! However, the last few days, I've been way under my calorie goal (and not hungry) even before working out. From everything I'm reading, this is setting myself up for failure. SO, I've logged (and packed to bring to work with me) everything I'm supposed to eat today, which puts me at 1,207 before my work out. It's a lot of food, but I can do this! :) And, it's time for a snack...
  • tigermorris
    tigermorris Posts: 58
    Options
    My goal for today is to go home after work, make dinner, tacos with Turkey meat- and go bak to the Y to workout. I was going to go right after work, but my son needed my Kindle for school- he has some books on it. Well I need my Kindle to read my book while I work out, things go much faster that way.
  • nicf76
    nicf76 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I spent the morning cleaning and then I decided to get outside and hit the trails. I am SO FRUSTRATED with my workouts outside. Before the weather warmed up I was a gym rat and 4 miles jogging on the treadmill was very doable, now jogging 3 miles outside is HELL. Its warm, windy, and hilly all the things the gym is not! I'm going to keep doing it everyday and try to get over this slump! :grumble:
  • crystalball24
    Options
    Happy it is may and the sunshine is out! I have started my summer routine which is riding my bike to work which gives me almost a 2 hour workout a day, I'm hoping this will help the sacle go done finally. Although since I have been pushing my self hard on trail runs and biking I have been really hungary after and probaby eating to much even though my food journal says I'm not. I need to watch what I eat and drink after my workouts, that is my goal for this month along with my commitment to ride by bike to work!
  • TheFabTam
    TheFabTam Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My goals today are to get in 30mins of Elliptical training at lunch, also to avoid getting a ride home so I can walk. I really also want to stay under my calorie budget due to not doing so well yesterday. HAPPY MAY DAY everyone! Love the Earth that gives you life this month!
  • KathleenSweetie
    KathleenSweetie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Walked instead of biked yesterday. Lacked ambition to meet my exercise goal set yesterday and woke today with an unhappy tummy. Life is much better now, so I'll take that bike ride now.
  • southernpawsc
    Options
    My goal was to walk our 3 mi park trail and I did. 65 minutes of almost brisk walking. Wanted to walk faster but my left foot/heel is killing me (plantar fasciitis)!
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I have a date with Jillian Michaels this morning ... Day 1 of 30 Day Shred, then I'll either hike or get on the treadmill for some cardio.

Done. Decided On a hike. When I was done I couldn't help but smile!
  • LBinSF
    LBinSF Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!
    Lots of you seem to be doing 30 Day Shred. Will have to google that.
    I walked the dogs 35 minutes at the beach, attended physical therapy for my ski injury, and AMAZINGLY - kept to yesterday's net calorie goal (It's been WEEKS and WEEKS since I've done that). So this Group Forum has me back on track with eating and MyFitnessPal activities. THANK YOU! :-)

The two hardest things for me with regard to weight loss seem to be: 1) Eating a 12 ounce frozen yogurt with reese's cup bits every night; and 2) gin-based cocktails like gimlets or G&Ts. All those calories are just empty sugar and prevent weight loss.

So tonight I'm having drinks out with friends. I will avoid wine and gin and stick to 2 (or 3x max) Vanilla or Lemon Vodka & Soda water drinks. Those have less sugar, don't taste as good so I'm less inclined to drink too much or have the blood sugar crash afterward. Also they have water and carbonation built in so they're more filling.