Introductions

Options

Replies

• JustME1611
    JustME1611 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Mandy! I saw the challenge on here and decided it would be good to try. Me and my workout buddy have been doing turbo jam so now we switched over as of monday to 30 day shred.(i know it was a couple days early) Tomorrow we will be on level 3 and my body is hurting all over. I'm excited though! I have lost 26 lbs so far my goal is 50 lbs. I hope the shred can help!
  • JustME1611
    JustME1611 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to know, what time of day is everyone working out? I'm a night owl myself and love my nightly workouts!

I work out in the evenings between 5:30 and 6:30
  • jodie3134
    jodie3134 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jodie and I'm a 35 year old mother of 3 very active kids! I work full time and my evenings are spent running the kids around. I finished day 1 level 1 today... Yowza am I out of shape!
  • slimrubybird
    slimrubybird Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
    My name is Rebecca, and I've made it through Day 5 of Level 2 previously....I'm determined to make it all the way through this time! I'm looking forward to having some accountability and support this time around.

I just turned 45yo, am happily married without kids. I have been wanting to lose the same 10 pounds for far too long, and am ready to finally feel comfortable and confident in my body (on a consistent basis)!

Let's get 'er done!
  • loisasabe
    loisasabe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yayyyy!!! 30 DS! I am Lois, mother of one adorable almost 4month old baby. I need to lose at least 35lbs...which I like to claim is all pregnancy weight, but the truth is I had let myself go long before that. I have started and stopped the 30DS a couple of times, so hopefully, I will stick with it now...with your help. I also hope to add some zumba every now and then and a few short baby wearing walks. So basically I am:

CW: 185
    GW1: 170
    GW2: 160
    UGW: 150 (or if I really want the skinny, 140)
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    I work out while my brother's at school, betweem 11 and 2.
  • hatkinson87
    hatkinson87 Posts: 42
    Options
    Hi All! :happy:

My name is Hannah and I'm 25 (soon to be 26 in 5 days!) years old and I work full time as an admin assistant. I love my job and my coworkers!! Most of my office is actually very healthy and most of them workout consistently, so that has lit a fire under my butt to work towards a healthier me. I am trying to reclaim my old body because I know I'm not healthy as I am right now! The healthy weight for my frame and height is 140. That's my ultimate goal, my more immediate goal is listed below. :)

I've done the 30DS before, but I have never finished the entire 30 days consistently. I try to get my workouts in before work (5:30am!!!) but some weeks that's not feasible. I have done all of the levels though, mostly because I get board with level one and I'm curious if I can do level 3 without dying. Haha!

I try to walk/jog three or four days a week, so I'll be doing this a little bit different than most. I like to do 30DS on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and then do Couch to 5k on Tues and Thurs. I generally do a mile walk on my lunch break too (I'm very blessed to work right across from the state house and it's beautiful for lunch time walks).

Height: 5'6
    CW: 225
    GW1: 200
    GW2: 170
    UGW: 140 (the healthy weight for my height)

Looking forward to some support and encouragement as we all work towards finishing the 30 Day Shred!! :happy:
  • mrsmol37
    mrsmol37 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My name is Mary. I'm a 43 year old mother of 2. I work a full time job outside the home. I have been exercising and dieting since February. I did 30 DS last year, but only got through the first 10 days, then vacation and life got in the way. I am doing this at 6:30am, so there are no excuses. I completed Level 1/Day 2 today. I feel achy, but good!
  • loraloha22
    loraloha22 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks for making this group! I love this workout because it really fits all the strength training into a 30 minute workout. Being a mom of 3 I always need the extra time. I am going to try and do this workout in the afternoon while my son naps. Wish me luck! I am also in the need of friends if you would like to add me. Thanks!
  • celtic0ne
    celtic0ne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to know, what time of day is everyone working out? I'm a night owl myself and love my nightly workouts!

I think it will probably be a combination of evenings and mornings depending on our schedule. I wanted to get up this morning to do it but I hit snooze instead. Today will be tough since we have personal training after work and then still have the 30DS to do. Oops!
  • Pixelkitten
    Pixelkitten Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I had the same thought, since I prefer to do my video later in the day when I'm the only one home (no witnesses lol) So I decided to go running after breakfast. Then I'll be doing the video shortly before I cook dinner. Hopefully enough to keep a steady calorie burn? Idk. I don't pretend to know what I'm doing. HA! I just hope it doesn't make me want to eat a whole lot at dinner.
  • yeags84
    yeags84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Lauren, I'm 28, and I'm a Program Manager in the federal government.

I did L1D1 yesterday and then came across this group! I have major workout commitment issues, so hopefully this helps keep me honest!

I'm ready to get Shredded! :wink:

SW: 225
    CW: 216
    GW (Trying for 1 year): 118
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    CW: 175/ size 12
    GW: 160/ size 8-10
  • rooneymeadows
    rooneymeadows Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    my name is jackie and i am 55 years old. did day 1 last night and while it was very hard, i didn't find it impossible. i am encouraged! i was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and my dr. has allowed me time to lose the weight, so here i am. before joining MFP about a week ago, i had lost 18 lbs. i have another 62 to go! i can do it. I CAN DO IT!
  • rooneymeadows
    rooneymeadows Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    yay! i'm glad to see at least 1 other over-50 doing the shred! can i say, "i ain't as young as i used to be!". :happy:
  • Melaney1
    Melaney1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Melaney, I'm 42.
    I'm tired of being over weight and tired.
    cw-181
    gw-140
    Not stopping till I reach it!
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I'm Ginger, 32 mommy to 2 wonderful girls...I work full time in a restaurant. I've started the shred a few times but never made it through all 30 days but I'm determined to this time. I'm on day 3 right now..No real goal wieght this time b/c I always seem to gain a few pounds when I start it...but by the end of may I'd like to be 185-186 ish.
  • thistimesucess
    thistimesucess Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm liz. I'm a teacher from nz but currently teaching in an international school in Uganda. I started 30DS on Monday (a few days early) and just saw this group so thought I would join. Looking forward to actually completing the full 30 days this time round. I've started twice before but life took over and I didn't finish both times.
  • mistij68
    mistij68 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Misti, I am 44 years old , I'm married and have four children, ages 17,12,11 and 4. My weight has gone up and down for years. But it has gone up and stayed up since I've been in my forties. It takes a lot more work to lose weight now than it did when I was in my twenties. So I started the 9 week challenge on mfp a couple of weeks ago and that is great! I just started the Jillian Michaels 30ds group and I like that too. I did it the first day, but I haven't been able to do it the past few days, because my husband was in the hospital for appendicitis. So that was a little scary. He's back home now and doing well so I can stop stressing a little. Unfortunately, I am an emotional eater, I try not to be but sometimes I can't help it. I've lost weight since I've been on this site but I'm sure I've gained a few pounds the last few days. But I will start back on Jillian's 30ds today and my "diet" tomorrow. So not to worry I just have to really hit it hard Starting tomorrow. Good luck everyone and God bless!:smile:
  • Kinleighsage
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am Kinleigh, 21, from NY… Just finished my Junior year in college, and work 4 days a week… between school and work it was hard for me to find time to work out, and I watched my body fall from being in great shape (from doing Irish Step Dancing my whole life) to not weighing a lot, but not having any definition… I am going to visit my boyfriend (long distance of six years) in July, and want to be in the best shape possible for a month on the beach with him.

I just completed my first day of 30-Day Shred at LVL1, using 6lb weights, and although I am exhausted, I am so excited to see the results!

Height: 5'4"
    Starting weight: 130
    Goal Weight: 117
    Waist: 29"
    Hips: 33.5"