Day 1

Options
Melaney1
Melaney1 Posts: 44 Member
Looking forward to the support. Made it though the first day. It was harder then I thought. but good.
Good Luck everyone!

Replies

• makenumpretty
    Options
    Im on day 3, I was so sore after day 1 but I can already tell im getting better at it.
  • pengoala
    pengoala Posts: 9
    Options
    Just got through day 1. OMG my arms! Random question - what do we log "30 day shred" as in our exercise logs?
  • rootsjodie
    rootsjodie Posts: 5
    Options
    Helloooo :)

I read on another blog that if u do:

Your weight in lb x 1.11 = the amount u burn during level 1

If you go onto your daily log and go onto exercise , create your own exercise and just call it 30 day shred level 1 (or similar) and it gives you the chance to enter the amount of calories your burning :)

Good luck xx
  • pengoala
    pengoala Posts: 9
    Options
    Helloooo :)

I read on another blog that if u do:

Your weight in lb x 1.11 = the amount u burn during level 1

If you go onto your daily log and go onto exercise , create your own exercise and just call it 30 day shred level 1 (or similar) and it gives you the chance to enter the amount of calories your burning :)

Good luck xx

Perfect. Thanks!!
  • celtic0ne
    celtic0ne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I've been logging mine as Circuit Training - General...
  • FightingMongeese
    FightingMongeese Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been logging as 25 min circuit training, general as well. It all depends on how high you get your heart rate though. I use 5-lb weights and am covered in sweat. To me, it seems like 234 calories worth of effort. 1.1*my weight only equals 170 calories. I get that from a 25 minute walk. Jillian Michaels is no walk in the park! lol

Does anyone have a reading on a HRM or BodyMedia/BodyBugg?
  • HudaSaman
    HudaSaman Posts: 46
    Options
    Although I started doing it on april 20 for 6 days then I stopped I will continue doing it in may too.
    Are you guys planning to do it every single day or you want to have break in weekends ( Saturday and Sundays )
    I do recommend to have rest for our bodies in weekends because it's really a tough workout. But we can still go for walks in weekends for example or do other activities :)?

What do you think?
  • skcactusflower75
    skcactusflower75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 1! OMG my legs were burning!! I really, really had to push myself, but I did it! :bigsmile:
  • TaureanWoman
    TaureanWoman Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am so excited to start this challenge! Let's go!!!
  • babynun
    babynun Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over with the shred, did get to L3. I did it consistently for x2 weeks in April but stopped. Completed L1D1 and it's as if I never started the shred before because L1 is kicked my butt! Just remember you are allowed rest days...just not resting a week like I did :wink:
  • grizziegriz
    grizziegriz Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone ~
    I just finished Day 1 Level 1 and it felt great. I'm sweating all over and I had to do some of the modified moves. can't wait until day 2.
  • aault88
    aault88 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi -

I started the 30 day shred in april because I heard such great reviews on it. I did it for 2/3 weeks 3-4 times a day getting to level 2. It killed me the first day, I couldn't even get all the way through level 1. Each day I was able to get further in the level, but it never got easier. I do like level 2 better than 1. I felt 1 was really hard on the knees, which is why I kinda gave up. But I'm really excited to see this thing through this time! I want to get great results like everyone else. The work outs are great. Good luck everyone!
  • HudaSaman
    Options
    I finished 30 day shred workout for today .. I feel so happy, I woke up with a bad mood and it totally changed it :)
    This workout is magical really, as much as you feel hard doing it , as much as you feel good after you finish ..
    Well I'm so bad in the push ups , I sometimes to the modified version ,,, But it's still great ...

I can't wait to finish 30 days of it to see what is going to happen :)
  • NESIBEAU
    NESIBEAU Posts: 20
    Options
    Can anyone tell me what size weight you all are using?
  • HudaSaman
    Options
    I'm using 3 lbs
  • FightingMongeese
    FightingMongeese Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm using 5lbs, but I may use 3lbs if they feel too heavy later on.
  • grizziegriz
    grizziegriz Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm using 3lbs.
  • oceanblue6
    oceanblue6 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    oooof! finished day 1. i got little down because during the cardio i realized just how out of shape i am, but i really am hoping that if i stick with it, by day 30 i'll be sailing through! i guess it is good to have lots of room for improvement!?! ;-)
    in response to some of the questions--
    i am counting it as 20 min. of circuit training (it looks like some are counting 25? is it 25 min.? why did i think it was 20?) and letting mfp figure out the calories.
    i am using 2 lbs weights though they really are too light for me for some of the exercises. i think i might treat myself to a pair of 3 lb.
    so glad i am doing this with a group-- i need all of the motivation i can get!
  • macey333
    macey333 Posts: 42
    Options
    Day 1 complete! I am using 3lb weights. Jillian is going to upset me "DON'T PHONE IT IN!"
  • g33kmommy
    g33kmommy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I just started today and I actually threw up right after the workout was over! So embarrassed, but what can you do? Heh.

I'm 26, never been athletic in my life but I'm trying to lose 60lbs of baby weight that I gained. We'll see what happens.

I'm using 5lb weights. The jumping jacks kill me - I always have to stop. I hope I can get endurance.