hey everyone, need motivation!

Options
KelseyH93
KelseyH93 Posts: 2 Member
hey everybody, I'm Kelsey, 19 and a freshman in college.
The last few years I have gained about 20 pounds and always thought about how I wanted to lose it again. But I never did anything about it. But a few months ago my best friend decided to follow in her moms footsteps and go on this crazy diet and exercise plan. She limited her calories like crazy and worked out every day, and it was working. So I thought, alright now is the time to try and lose some weight too. So I decided to start using MyFitnessPal app (again) and actually stick to it. So I started tracking my calories and exercising regularly and so far I'm 12 pounds down and feeling good! But recently my friend has decided to quit her diet. I think because she did such a crazy diet it was too hard to maintain. My goal was to not go on a diet, but really make a lifestyle change. Its gotten a lot easier and has become more of a norm for me. But now that I don't have the support of having someone in the same position, its gotten more difficult and I find myself "cheating" from time to time. So I'm just looking for some motivation from people going through similar things as me :)

Replies

• chanybubbles
    Options
    you have a really good idea going. I am just starting college this year and instead of me putting on weight i am trying hard to take off 100 pounds at least before i go to grad school. I really don't want to be a victim of freshman 15 and i am trying hard to keep up with studies and be on the right track health wise. So I wish everyone the best luck on their weight loss journey and i hope people join and can come together to share ways to lose weight the right way :).