introducing myself :-)

Options
sunnydayz71
sunnydayz71 Posts: 44 Member
Hello,

Just wanted to say hi to all of you. I have joined your group today and look forward to being a part of it.

I'm 41, mom of two... a 13 y/o girl and then *surprise* a new baby boy... 4 months old. I've been a stay at home mom since my daughter was born. I am just loving being a new mom again! But... not loving my body. I joined MFP last month and it is going really good. I tend to eat when I'm stressed, and when I made it through crib transition last week without breaking down... I knew I was in a good place mentally, yay!

Looking forward to getting to know you all,

Ruthie

Replies

• blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Nice to see another mama out there with an age difference between children :happy: :happy: I am 34 and have a 9 year old boy and a new 4.5 month old baby girl. Was starting to feel like I was crazy starting over again but its nice to know I am not alone. My baby was a surprise too we tried for so long and gave up and then a year later surprise!!! I too eat when stressed or bored and really need to stop it. Seems like whenever I am in a good place and am losing I always have to do something to sabotage myself. Welcome to the group.
  • sunnydayz71
    sunnydayz71 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Same here... we were happy with one child but did nothing to prevent another pregnancy. After 13 years we figured it just wasn't going to happen and that was fine... then just before I turned 41... surprise! We were so shocked. It took a few weeks to sink in. It is a lot of fun. I love being an older mom too. I am so much more confident and laid back than with my first. I just wish both my kids birthdays weren't so close to Christmas. One is two weeks before and the other 1 week.
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats! My kids don't have much of a gap, but I was the youngest in my family by 8 years so I've experienced it from the other perspective... my parents were definitely more laid back with me than my older sisters!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Same here... we were happy with one child but did nothing to prevent another pregnancy. After 13 years we figured it just wasn't going to happen and that was fine... then just before I turned 41... surprise! We were so shocked. It took a few weeks to sink in. It is a lot of fun. I love being an older mom too. I am so much more confident and laid back than with my first. I just wish both my kids birthdays weren't so close to Christmas. One is two weeks before and the other 1 week.

Yes I do find I am more laid back this time around than with my first. He loves being a big brother and I love having the help that I get from him that I wouldn't get if he was a lot younger. Mine was definitely a surprise and it took some time getting used to but we too had not been doing anything to prevent pregnancy and had actually tried for another for 4 years (from when my son was 3 till he was 7). We figured it wasn't in the cards and he would be the only one. My baby's bday is about 2 weeks before christmas I would of liked it not to be so close, but my older sisters bday is 2 days after christmas so I know whats its like to grow up with someone who is a total nightmare around christmas because of her bday even though my parents worked really hard to separate the two she still wasn't happy. She blamed my mother even though her due date wasn't until February. I am just going to work really hard to make both days special for both of my children my son was an October baby so I lucked out there.