Pick up softball game - May 25th

iputtheawinlawl
iputtheawinlawl Posts: 17 Member
Would anyone want to play a game Saturday morning?
Are there usable fields anywhere in the area?

Replies

• InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Prior to starting a family, I would have been all over this idea. Love pick up sports, but kid's activities usually dominate my weekends. I noticed you were from Castle Shannon. Millennium Park isn't far from you, located on Baptist Road. I know they have organized games there, but not sure of the schedule or whether you need a permit for the field. My guess is it will be much easier to find a field than it will be to get enough players for a game.

Good luck. :smile:

http://bethelpark.net/PARKS_MILLENNIUM.cfm
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 929 Member
    Yeah I've got the kids' weekend activity thing going on here, so pickup anything (other than laundry :grumble: ) is usually hard to do. Also, May 25th is Memorial Day weekend, so a lot of folks might be traveling out of town.

You might also find more traffic in the Pittsburgh Pride group. I know Goldenwoof plays on a team outside of MFP, but not sure if they have a schedule.
  • InnerConflict
    Laura, is pick up laundry a team sport at your house? It isn't at mine. :explode:
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 929 Member
    My kids insist on getting paid. But do I get paid?!? Nooooo :angry:

But I digress...
  • InnerConflict
    I would be happy if sleeves and pant legs were pulled out.
  • iputtheawinlawl
    iputtheawinlawl Posts: 17 Member
    Oh, good point about Memorial Day.

Anyone up for moving it back to the first week of June? We need to find a MFPer that is willing to run daycare while all the parents play :)
  • lhabedank
    lhabedank Posts: 149 Member
    i'm in...let me know when and where :)
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Count myself & Daisy in Any Sunday!