Movement

Options
jaylas_mom21
jaylas_mom21 Posts: 311 Member
I'm finally feeling movement as of this week at 18 weeks. It's still pretty subtle but I'm so happy I can finally feel something! I was hoping it would come a lot earlier than it did but it was a little earlier than with my other one. I started to feel movement with my first at about 19 weeks. Is anyone else feeling movement?

Replies

• AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Been feeling it for a bit - one of the coolest and somehow creepiest sensations ever. There's a person...in my uterus!
  • jaylas_mom21
    Options
    Haha...yeah pretty weird! At least you know it's still alive though. ;) lol
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    That is very true. I was anxiously awaiting "quickening" (what a funny term!) because movement is so freaking reassuring. I've been prone to unreasonable panic this pregnancy so have been known to grab a glass of chocolate milk or something of that ilk just to go lay down and make sure baby is wriggling...it does make me feel better.
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Definitely reassuring feeling those little hiccups and jerks :)

And it beats getting reassurance from puking!! I've had 3 extremely nauseous pregnancies (this one and my 2 kids) and 2 with mild to no morning sickness (both miscarriages) so I really counted on those daily puke sessions for the first few months!

But I gotta say this is WAY better!! :)
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    From about 12 weeks I could feel baby first thing in the morning kicking out at my full bladder and making me have to get up and go! But this last two or three days (week 14) I've felt movement while out walking and swimming :) It's all still random at this point and I'll definitely be happier when baby is a bit bigger and I can feel more regular movement.
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    With my 1st pregnancy I felt movement at 17w6d; this round, 13w6d, exactly 4 wks. earlier. :)
  • MsPetuniaPig
    MsPetuniaPig Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have a couple large fibroids which have made this little guy way higher and my uterus ahead of schedule in size. I was feeling movements at 14 weeks.. At 16 weeks, the doctor thought I was nuts... I made him press in the area I was saying and sure enough he felt it too. At 20 weeks now, he stays right behind my belly button and to the right a little. I can feel him stretch and fight.. no hiccups yet. I'm still a little paranoid, so if I don't feel anything for a couple hours, I whip out my Doppler and listen to his heart rate. This thing is the coolest purchase I ever made. It's not the 3rd trimester version with headphones, this one actually has the want like the dr's office and could pick it up at 12 weeks.
  • JennyV2013
    JennyV2013 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am 17.5 weeks and I expected to feel movement by now! I have felt a few taps here and there but I expected to feel more by now. I felt my first at 19 weeks and my second at 19 weeks (but I had anterior placenta with him). I'm hoping in a couple of weeks it will be more regular.
  • mnmomto4
    mnmomto4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Feeling baby pretty constantly now. I felt tiny flutters around 15 weeks. I now feel baby kicking and rolling around in there. 18 weeks 2 days today.
  • jaylas_mom21
    Options
    I'm 21 weeks now and still only feel small movements. I can't feel when she turns or anything yet, just a nudge here and there. I do have an anterior placenta so that may play a part in it. But I'm starting to feel it a lot more times a day than I did before. My doctor told me yesterday that at 20 weeks you should feel your baby move at least once a day and by 24 weeks you should feel movement once every hour.
  • KAA1982
    KAA1982 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am 18 weeks today with #2 and am feeling slight fluttering. Can't remember off the top of my head when I felt actual movement from #1 but hoping to feel this little one soon. At least I have my big ultrasound appointment Wednesday to confirm everything is going alright.

Anyone experience feeling the little ones hiccups yet? If not, just wait...it will make you smile for sure = )
  • rlouise201187
    Options
    I'm 18 weeks and 2 days and I'm sure I've felt some movement going on in there. Fluttering sensations almost but very subtle! It's my first pregnancy so not sure how it should feel!
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    22 weeks today and I'm finally feeling real kicks!! My husband was finally able to feel the baby last night. So grateful!