I am so focused man!! Summer Baby!! 5/3

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/summer-fit-challenge/

Okay, don't shoot me! I know this is a daily challenge but in lieu of that article I had ya'll read about being fit now so when you get to me 65 and over you will still be fit even if slower...fit to say the least, I wanted to keep that momentum going!! In the article they mentioned finding working out 5 days a week the benefit...amongst other things.
So read this article and pick on of the 5 challenges you want for this SUMMER! I really like it because it is not crazy but keeping you focused on what you know but in a FINE TUNE IT UP type of way. Please be concious minded and serious and really choose one to work on!
This is your life we are talking about!

Days turn into weeks, weeks to months lets make the summer months a healthy one.

Peace,
WW

Read it again if you didn't get a chance to. http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/lifelong-exercise-can-help-you-maintain-speed-and-fitness-as-you-age/2013/04/22/39b5479e-9ff2-11e2-82bc-511538ae90a4_story.html

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I read the article (ther gracious pantry challenge one) and the first thing I see is her saying that summer is around the corner and shorts and flip flops are coming, my thought: this person does not live in Florida, shorts and flip flops came back out of the closets in March! Then challenge number one get out and move and work up a sweat. I can tell it's Friday and I've had a rough week because all I can think at this was "writer, all I have to do is take two steps outside and I work up a sweat, this is Florida, ..... it's May, .... it's already humid enough out that we're having major thunderstorms every day for longer periods than usual!"

In all seriousness, thanks for posting this, no shots fired from my gun on this challenge, I can use some of these tips. Hopefully on Monday my doc will be able to tell me what the next step is since the cortisone isn't working and hopefully it won't jam up my summer (I was reading up on the surgery he was talking about and the recovery period can take up to 4-6 weeks depending on what the doc finds when they go in, I'm NOT missing my recital at the end of June because of recovery from the surgery, I will just have to survive until after that and get it done after the recital- I will discuss this with the doc if it comes to the surgery, until then, number 1 has to stay towards the back burner, but I am at least getting 3-4 days in right now.)
    I have two that I'm working on because they go hand in hand to me: "junk" food and sugar (the green smoothie thing is a whole different ball game ... in a whole different field, I might not get this one) since I've changed my eating plan like the RD suggested to eating for nutrition not eating for weight loss and I've actually started seeing some results (mostly NSV's since I won't get on a scale unless I have to right now, I need encouragement not discouragement and I know that I haven't gotten to the point that the numbers won't discourage me) and now that I'm seeing the results, I'm starting to get more enthusiastic and thoughtful with the food, but I still have a long road to go, so I think these are a good challenge for me to work on.... until the ankle is fixed.... then I am so on number 1 and getting back to my 5-6 days a week because I can go back to running
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    After having just reviewed my 90 day goals since last February and updating them into July - Most of these fit right in. The only one new, would be the drinking a smoothie every day. I have the blender(s) and I just bought some frozen fruit and I have kale from last year. So - I guess I'll make some up each day. That would give my oh-so boring breakfasts a variety for the challenge period. Time to go update the profile to add that one last goal.

I printed off that article from the previous post ( a bit of a pain to do that - lots of paste and cut) and my kid is reading it. And we are talking about how important it is for him to exercise every day for long term benefits. It's a big article for a 9 yr. old to read but he is working through it. I think he's starting to 'hear' it too. He always wants to go to the gym on T/Th to swim while I'm in class. That's less non-active time for him so I'm happy with that choice he's making. Now - I just have to get him to buy into the Couch to 5K program.

And more summer fun - another poster had said something about a Dr. Who 50 Anniversary Virtual Fun Run/Walk. She sent me a link and I sent an invite to my girls. They want to bike a half marathon while here. We all want to do it. Family fun!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/362677597172367#!/events/508472979206651/
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I printed off that article from the previous post ( a bit of a pain to do that - lots of paste and cut) and my kid is reading it. And we are talking about how important it is for him to exercise every day for long term benefits. It's a big article for a 9 yr. old to read but he is working through it. I think he's starting to 'hear' it too. He always wants to go to the gym on T/Th to swim while I'm in class. That's less non-active time for him so I'm happy with that choice he's making. Now - I just have to get him to buy into the Couch to 5K program.

YOU are so a ROCK star mom!