Looking for BFing Mama's trying to lose weight!

Options
13»

Replies

• Trishell27
    Trishell27 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies I am a mother of 5 looking to find others who are EBF their little ones and looking to loose weight. I need a challenge and a way to find time to work out as I have so many lol it is hard to get up in the morning and do so. Right now we are walking about 6 days a week for 1 1/2 hours around 3 miles. So far I haven't lost much. I carry my little one and would love to have a partner or partners to keep me motivated to do workouts with a carrier. I do however do my walk with my little on in a carrier. Feel free to add me as a friend. Thank you!!
  • Karkle14
    Karkle14 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi,

I'd love to be friends with any and all of you. I started going through and sending friend requests but my computer is glitching and I need to get back to work. Please feel free to add me if I missed you/didn't get to you.

I'm 9 weeks post partum and BF. I'm tracking and started C25k.

I got as high as 240 in pregnancy and am at 211 now. My first goal is to get back to 195, the weight I was when I got my positive pregnancy text. Ultimately I'd like to get back down to 160-165.
  • meganyoung1106
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I'm also an EBF first-time mama trying to lose the last 10lbs of pregnancy weight plus 15lbs more :) My son is 4 months old and we've been doing a lot of walking/hiking. He's such a terrible night sleeper that when he's in bed I just feel too exhausted to get back into my old routine of workout videos. I hope this changes soon (the sleep and more workouts).

Feel free to friend request me!
  • Heathernfinch
    Options
    Hey! I am 17 weeks post partum, enjoying every moment! Being a mommy is so amazing, and I still have about 7 pounds left to lose. It is just wanting to hang on, and not melt off like the other pounds did!
  • kmm97a
    kmm97a Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a three year old and a 15 month old who I am still nursing. I may be weaning in the next month or so as I go back to work at school, but I just wanted to say how awesome it is to hear about so many women working so hard to feed their babies well and take care of themselves at the same time. It's not easy. My weight has been up and down quite a bit throughout pregnancy and nursing my two children. I am below pre-pregnancy weight for my second, but I still have about ten pounds to go to be below my pre-pregnancy weight for my first. Then, my next goal is college weight! It can happen, right?
  • jones092508
    jones092508 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Add me! My son will be two months Thursday an my daughter will be four Sunday.
  • mommynilk
    Options
    Here too. EBF and gained probably over 40 lbs this pregnancy. My baby is 5 weeks old and I'm trying to shed the pounds. It's so hard because I'm HUNGRY all the time. I set my calories at 1,700. So far my supply is fine. I've lost 11 pounds since I started but I'm sure a lot of that was just water weight and such after I had the baby. I'm hoping to actually lose fat soon. ADD me for sure!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have a 6-month old daughter and pump during the day since I work full time and bf when I'm home. At 4 months we had to supplement w/formula 10-12 ounces a day because my supply really drops in the evenings and she was out-eating my supply! This week I've gotten back on track with 10-15 lbs left (it fluctuates) and exercise early in the morning after hubby takes her to daycare and before I leave for work (started with 30 Day Shred and will alternate between P90X, Insanity, Taebo, and Spartacus workouts) and do spin class Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays during lunch.
  • Fit_SailorsWife
    Fit_SailorsWife Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I had lost 60 pounds before getting pregnant and took a break from mfp during my pregnancy. I now have a 3 week old that I'm strictly breastfeeding and hoping to lose most of the weight I gained back by breastfeeding until I get the okay to start working out (had a c-section). Sad to see most of the people on my friends list are inactive now so I'm looking for new friends on here. Feel free to add me :)
  • sgilmour83
    Options
    I'm in the same situation as you! Was 218 lb the day I gave birth, daughter is now 12 weeks old and u am breastfeeding full time. I've lost 38lbs (think it was mainly water tho!) and am down to 180 lbs but have stagnated at that weight for the last three weeks so have rejoined MFP. I'm looking to get back to 160 lb asap and am doing the thirty day shred 3-4 times a week, walking with the baby and started the calorie counting again... Add me and we can keep each other motivated!!
  • julsajuls7
    Options
    My daughter is 7 months old and I really started working on my weight loss about 2-3 months ago. I gained 40 pounds during pregnancy (the majority of it at the end), peaked at 60 pounds in the hospital because of all the fluid from being induced. I lost 42 within a month of the birth, but the last 18 took me changing my eating habits and getting back into exercise. I made it down from 158 to 144 (pre-pregnancy weight) and now am on a mission to lose another 14 to get back to my wedding day weight! Today is my first day of counting calories, but I do some cardio everyday along with the abs and butt 30 day challenge while missy naps. I'm feeling the burn, but am determined! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Jessibear86
    Jessibear86 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    my boy is 3 weeks old and I'm interested in adding other BF moms trying to lose some weight too!
  • Deboraleeann
    Deboraleeann Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Would love to chat and be supportive/supported. My little pookie is 10 weeks old and I'm ready to lose the weight. I had lost 40 pounds prior to getting pregnant and gained 50 during pregnancy. We have 5 children and I'm tired A LOT of the time:) I want to get back to my old me. Breastfeeding and tired leads me to raiding the kids cookie stash or making 'them' cupcakes. I've had a good few days moving and eating and would like to keep that going. Hope to have some great talks and inspiration.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    my boy is 3 weeks old and I'm interested in adding other BF moms trying to lose some weight too!

There is also a breastfeeding support board. Lots of us are having trouble losing despite BFing!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/214-breastfeeding-support