Restart

Options
Emmielia
Emmielia Posts: 75 Member
So Ive restarted my 5k training because, well I gave up! No point in hiding it lol, so im back to Week 1 day 1 which I did yesterday and hoping to fit a run in later this evening :bigsmile:
Also ive signed up to a 5k race in July! So this will be my motivation... How everyone getting on?

Replies

• phoenix3050
    phoenix3050 Posts: 56
    Options
    I just finished Week 2 Day 2. Wasn't a good run today, but I finished it. Kinda worried about what week 3 has in store for me. Also wondering if I should walk more at the end of my run. I do a cool down, but I was wondering if I should be aiming at 5K every week, It's only a mile or so more than what I'm doing now. Or maybe the distance will come with time.... my motivation is a trip to California this fall. :D
  • crystalallor
    Options
    I finished Week 3 Day 1. I was getting down on myself since I couldn't run as much of the free form run as I would like however it's best to remember I'm doing better then before. This time last year I tried the Couch to 5K but couldn't even run a minute, today I can run a few minutes.

For everyone who feels they aren't doing good enough or it's just not going as well as you would like, we are still doing better then all those days we sat on the couch...even if we are walking a majority of the time.
  • Emmielia
    Options
    I just finished Week 2 Day 2. Wasn't a good run today, but I finished it. Kinda worried about what week 3 has in store for me. Also wondering if I should walk more at the end of my run. I do a cool down, but I was wondering if I should be aiming at 5K every week, It's only a mile or so more than what I'm doing now. Or maybe the distance will come with time.... my motivation is a trip to California this fall. :D

Dont be worried i'm sure you will be fantastic! :smile:
    Im pretty sure I only do around 3k atm which sucks abit.. but im guessing by the time your nearing the end thats when you will be hitting the 5k mark. Maybe more!
    Also exciting news about California! Think I'll set up a motivation thread haha!
  • Emmielia
    Options
    For everyone who feels they aren't doing good enough or it's just not going as well as you would like, we are still doing better then all those days we sat on the couch...even if we are walking a majority of the time.
    This, I totally agree with^
    Also your doing fantastic, Well done :)
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I stopped for a week because I started with a personal trainer (after the first day my thighs were in pain when I walked), but now I have an off week. Back to the Zombies! I am redoing week 2, I don't have the endurance to go to week 3, seeing as how I'm barely making it through 30sec sometimes, but maybe being on a the treadmill now will help out, rather than outside.
  • Lauramag68
    Lauramag68 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi just started week one today
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Hi just started week one today
    Welcome to the Zombies club! :D