20-30 sometings: toughest thing about being single for you?

Options
Tile say it better than I could here!

Ugghh...can't edit ou tmy spelling error in the title!

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Feeling like if I don't already have much dating experience (and I'm supposedly in my prime dating years) how am I ever going to get experience? It's like the saying "I have no experience so I can't get a job, but but how do I get experience without a job? That and feeling like a loser because of my inexperience.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    That's simple. The lack of sex.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Sex is easy to get without beiung in a relationship especially for a girl.. For me its that companionship late at night when its storming outside being cuddled on the couch watching horror movies ,that kinda thing
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Sex...

but companionship, it's hard to always see couples together. A lot of my friends are attached so sometimes it would be nice to have someone to do some things with.

When I was in Mexico the couples were everywhere and that wore me down a bit. But, I won't settle so that's just the way it is!
  • bregalad5
    Options
    Sex is easy to get without beiung in a relationship especially for a girl..

Maybe for some of you, but it's goddam near impossible for me. Even guys have said this to me, then nothing happens. Not for lack of trying (and no, not trying too hard!) on my part.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Just like others have said, a combination of "boom boom" time and the companionship.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hmmm..I think not having the companionship. Its different hanging around a girlfriend and a potential guy you are interested in. I've never been in a relationship, and I tend to gravitate towards people who are still single and never married. It gets frustrating to be somewhat successful in my professional life, but my personal life sucks for the most part.
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options
    There are no downsides. Its 100% pure awesome.

And I've been single for a very long time, several years.. so I've had time to think about the pros and cons and reconcile loneliness and so called "lack of sex" (speak for yourselves). But yeah, still awesome.
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    the companionship, totally agree, as a old fashioned romantic, I love the idea of been cuddled up with my gal, Id swap that for the party lifestyle anyday
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    There's a tough part?
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Being one of the oldest ones pushed on to the dance floor at the wedding to catch the bouquets. (Happened this weekend)
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Lack of companionship for sure. It was different when I was younger and had a ton of single friends. Now that I'm 30, most of my friends are married, and many of them have kids, and that cuts down on their socializing with single/childless folks. I also seem to be a magnet for long-distance relationships, so that sucks, too. I'm pretty independent, so I don't necessarily want someone around literally all the time (no live-in boyfriends for me), but it would be cool to finally have someone who lives within reasonable driving distance who I could see whenever I wanted.
  • JaneDough_
    JaneDough_ Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    There's a tough part?

I concur, completely.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    The toughest thing for me is that nearly every girl I'm interested in is married. And on the off chance they are single, then I'm simply not their type or they live too far away. It's pretty rough out there.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    When I was single, the problem I found is that nobody seemed to be interested.... get in a relationship and they all want you, wtf is with that?
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options

^^^ This x's 10
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    When I was single, the problem I found is that nobody seemed to be interested.... get in a relationship and they all want you, wtf is with that?

No kidding.... Happens every damn time...
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    [When I was single, the problem I found is that nobody seemed to be interested.... get in a relationship and they all want you, wtf is with that?

Yup. And lack of companionship. Late 30's and almost everyone I know is married or in a relationship so they have their S/O's to discuss problems, good times/bad times with.
  • bregalad5
    Options

^^^ This x's 10

ok your place or mine :wink:
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options

No kidding.... Happens every damn time...

wow, ****, you do speed skating on roller blades?? That's pretty hardcore!! A one minute shift in hockey was draining enough for me, y'all go around that track twice as fast!