Looking forward to losing weight

Options
thecakelocker
thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
I can't be the only one excited about being able to lose weight AAAAT LAAAAASSST. :tongue: I've been monitoring my weight/size diligently for the last 37 weeks, so it will be great to see it finally go down a month from now. I don't even remember what size "normal" jeans I wear!

Replies

• Erinthebodo
    Erinthebodo Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    LOL, yes. I am looking forward to it!
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about it since week 20! I know how you feel. These last 6 weeks are going to be brutal on my self-esteem.
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I am so looking forward to gettting back in shape. I can't wait to have my baby and start doing more intense workouts again. I'm just feeling like a whale! I want my old body back!
  • graycalico
    graycalico Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm not really bothered by my pregnant weight, but I know when the baby is out I'll feel flabby and gross. I miss running and can't wait to get back to that.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I'm not really bothered by my pregnant weight, but I know when the baby is out I'll feel flabby and gross. I miss running and can't wait to get back to that.

^Yup, this is me in a nutshell. I've been trying to be kind to myself as far as what I've gained, but I will be VERY happy to see that scale going down and even happier when I can work out again!!! So looking forward to getting back on it and getting in shape (and all little!) again.

I agree with the OP, though - I have no idea what size jeans I will be wearing postpartum. I was wearing a size 4 in Old Navy jeans pre-pregnancy. I know I'm not there yet, but I'm not sure if I'll be wearing my old 14s (that I hung onto for this particular purpose) or 10s or what. Probably no smaller than 10s for a while...

ETA that I hit 37 weeks yesterday. I'm close. I love those initial 2-3 weeks when you literally lose multiple pounds between weigh-ins (yay!); however, I hate those initial 2-3 weeks when you are almost literally not sleeping at all (boo!).

EATA that I think part of it, too, is personal autonomy. I can run hard, and if I overdo it, I'm the only one who suffers - I'm not putting anyone else's health at risk, you know?
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I can't wait...mainly because I'm so uncomfortable. Everything is a challenge for me at 37 weeks.
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to get something to tame the empty belly while it deflates, LOL. So tired of wearing pants that are too baggy on the legs and snug at the waistband. Even my maternity clothes are reaching their limits.

And I definitely agree on the personal autonomy thing. I'd like to be able to push myself harder in workouts without worrying about someone else's safety!

When are my fellow 37 weekers' due dates out of curiosity? My EDD is May 27th.
  • prplrose33
    prplrose33 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I cannot wait until I can get back to losing weight again...even though I am enjoying some foods that I normally wouldn't be eating while dieting. I just hope it doesn't take as long to come off as the first one. I didn't start losing weight until I stopped breastfeeding so I had a year of all of the extra baby weight. I'm just one of the unlucky ones that doesn't lose while breastfeeding. :( Less than 4 weeks to go. YAY!
  • laurab1217
    laurab1217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    38 weeks....tired of wearing the same 5 things over and over again! looking forward to losing the weight and being able to wear all of those cute spring clothes that are out right now.....I am interested in seeing how much will really come off in the first six weeks.... also looking forward to running as much as I want/as fast as I want, and being able to do normal, everyday things again....and being able to blend in without every other person commenting on how it looks like I have a basketball under my shirt, how I look like I'm gunna pop, etc....I'd much rather the attention be on my baby than on me! And I am looking forward to the challenge of getting my six pack back!!!
  • Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I cannot wait until I can get back to losing weight again...even though I am enjoying some foods that I normally wouldn't be eating while dieting. I just hope it doesn't take as long to come off as the first one. I didn't start losing weight until I stopped breastfeeding so I had a year of all of the extra baby weight. I'm just one of the unlucky ones that doesn't lose while breastfeeding. :( Less than 4 weeks to go. YAY!

This is me. I did not lose a pound breastfeeding until she was 18 months and started nursing less. Granted, I put very little effort in until then, so it could have been me eating massive amounts of deliciously bad food and totally not breastfeedings fault.

I am hoping my ticker doesn't hit zero and am looking forward to losing this weight already even though I am only 17 weeks. I gained 55 pounds last time and am planning NOT to do that again, so I am hoping it will be easier. I have a bad back and need to stay in shape and keep weight loss in a normal range so that I can have an easier deliver and recovery.
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I can't wait either.. I feel like a giant klutzy whale too. I can't run at all lol.. bending down gives me a lovely taste of acid and I keep banging my belly on everything because I forget to compensate. I paint for a living so it is constantly in the way lol.. the bump is all over my painted canvases and when shipping it's even worse.

I am really looking forward to doing the 30 day shred again!! :) Is there a postpartum group that we can all join to encourage each other once we're back to normal? :)

edited for spelling :)
  • RBXChas
    Options
    I can't wait...mainly because I'm so uncomfortable. Everything is a challenge for me at 37 weeks.

When I really think about how uncomfortable I am, I can't believe that I have already done this once before, too. I remember giving birth last time and saying, "Who would do this more than once?"

Somehow, you forget. I guess the real discomfort is so short-lived, but I totally hear you. I am ready to be done being so uncomfortable. Mostly I just want to be able to lie on my back!

ETA that this is the LAST time I intend to do this...
  • RBXChas
    Options

May 26th :smile:
  • RBXChas
    Options
    38 weeks....tired of wearing the same 5 things over and over again! looking forward to losing the weight and being able to wear all of those cute spring clothes that are out right now.....I am interested in seeing how much will really come off in the first six weeks.... also looking forward to running as much as I want/as fast as I want, and being able to do normal, everyday things again....and being able to blend in without every other person commenting on how it looks like I have a basketball under my shirt, how I look like I'm gunna pop, etc....I'd much rather the attention be on my baby than on me! And I am looking forward to the challenge of getting my six pack back!!!

YES, even some of my maternity clothes are now too small/ill-fitting! I feel like I'm wearing the same 3 or 4 things over and over and over. Oh, wait, I am wearing the same 3 or 4 things over and over and over...
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Is there a postpartum group that we can all join to encourage each other once we're back to normal? :)

Yup, it's called the Post Partum Pack: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/639-post-partum-pack
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to get something to tame the empty belly while it deflates, LOL. So tired of wearing pants that are too baggy on the legs and snug at the waistband. Even my maternity clothes are reaching their limits.

And I definitely agree on the personal autonomy thing. I'd like to be able to push myself harder in workouts without worrying about someone else's safety!

May 27th here too!

Rebecca, ha......I was wondering how people do this more than once! Amnesia? :tongue:
  • RBXChas
    Options

May 27th here too!

Rebecca, ha......I was wondering how people do this more than once! Amnesia? :tongue:

Seriously, I think there is some form of amnesia that kicks in. If you had asked me when my son was a year old if I was ready to do it again, I'd have said no. At 18 months I was ready again and had conveniently forgotten just how uncomfortable everything is. I think we also kid ourselves into thinking that "this time" it will be better/less annoying/less uncomfortable. The only thing is that *supposedly* L&D is shorter after your first. I'm hoping that's the case!!!
  • t_welch11
    t_welch11 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I was already overweight by about 70 pounds before I got pregnant (pre pregnancy weight was 230 and Im 5'7") In week 34 now and up to 275 and was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I started eating better and moving more and keep it under control without medication. Im ready to get back to losing the weight. I was origionally at 250 and had lost 20 pounds and found out that I was pregnant. My husband and I were trying, but after 6 months and nothing my doctor suggested that I try to lose the excess weight. We both committed to exercising more and eating better. Low and behold dropping 20 pounds in 3 months and our test came back positive :D

I am looking forward to getting back to my turbo fire workouts, eliptical, and being able to walk rather than waddle lol My little guy is worth it all to me and I cant wait to meet him :D
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Is there a postpartum group that we can all join to encourage each other once we're back to normal? :)

Yup, it's called the Post Partum Pack: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/639-post-partum-pack

Oh thank you! I'll definitely join them once this baby is born :) (I'm due July 27th)
  • Mom2ATM
    Mom2ATM Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    For The First TiMe In My Life Im Excited AboutLosing Weight. My BabY Making Days Are Over After I Deliver Tomorrow And I Can FOcus On Me For Once