DAY 5

ashleyeliz25
ashleyeliz25 Posts: 141 Member
Hi all!

Everyone is doing a fantastic job so far!!

How is everyone's May going?

What are your plans for Day 5?

Are you setting daily goals? Are you reaching your daily goals?

Share any thoughts or workouts you may have..or ask for questions or advice! Everyone is here to support and help each other out! :)

Keep up the great work!

Replies

• ashleyeliz25
    ashleyeliz25 Posts: 141 Member
    Also, side note, sorry discussions were not posted for Days 2-4. I had a death in the family on Thursday and graduated from college on Saturday so things have been hectic. The funeral is out of state on Wednesday, feel free to post your results for any days not posted on here..or create a discussion. Thanks!
  • Delll2013
    Delll2013 Posts: 73
    Hi Ashley,

Condoleances again! I think you're doing great.

Well, the challenge is going great for me so far. One of my major wins for this week in waking up very early a couple of times to workout before going to work. Nothing tops a 6am workout :)). I did my workout for today but I'm thinking about squeezing some weight lifting later in the evening.

My only challenge comes from getting really hungry late at night but I try to fight it off with a glass of water. If that doesn't work, it means it's time to sleep :))

I look forward to reading more stories.
  • erinprattavila
    erinprattavila Posts: 24 Member
    Good morning Ashley and the May Challenge gang,

Ashley, sending you thoughts and prayers to get through this sad time!

My May Challenge friends,

I am heading to the gym in a little bit hoping to get in a great workout!! I didn't get there yesterday at all so no calories burned for me! :( I still think Im on track to have an ok week though. Looking forward to seeing everyones totals on Tuesday, so exciting. Have a superb Sunday and keep moving!!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss!

May Challenge ---> is going great! This is what I needed to get my butt going!!
    My calorie burn so far is 1,145 so far - I'm going to CRUSH my goal of 1,200 for the week!! :glasses: :angry: :angry: :mad:
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Happy Graduation!!! What a great achievement! :drinker:

My week was OK.,.right on target, and maybe a bit more than that. Now that the weather is warm and sunny, it's easier to get more exercise just by puttering in the garden, yard work, walking, biking, etc.

Hope everyone can get outside today! :smile:
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    I'm really sorry for your loss, Ashley.

My goal for the first week is 6000, and now after day 5 I'm at 4512 so the challenge is going great for me. I finished the 9-week Insanity program today (I only have the final fit test left) and I'm now making a new workout schedule. I hope the weather gets better soon so that I can ditch the stationary bike and go for a bike trip.
  • vbailey12
    vbailey12 Posts: 21
    Hey everyone. Hope you guys are staying encouraged in the challenge!

Ashley, sorry for your loss and I hope you have safe travels this week.

So I joined the group to get back in the workout grove and I set a goal that was based on working out 5 days each week. So for Day 3 and 4, I did not exercise. I wanted to try to work out every day this week but during the first two days I used some new muscles in my legs and I was sore!

Today, I did not want to workout but I knew I had to. I ended up procrastinating until 9pm this evening. It was really hard and I wanted to give up lol but I wanted to be able to post my calories for today. I also wasn't feeling good; felt nauseous. But I pulled through because I didn't want to let my MFP friends down :)

So I'm happy to report that I am on track and hitting my daily goals. Two more days to go peeps!
  • Delll2013
    Way to go, ladies! You're all so motivated and motivating!

vbailey, I defientely had this feeling as well last night but still went for a walk on the treadmill. so let's celebrate our succes ;)
  • Amerielle
    Amerielle Posts: 153 Member
    400 cals burned today so I am at 1500/2000 for the week, on track so far!
  • erinprattavila
    erinprattavila Posts: 24 Member
    400 cals burned today so I am at 1500/2000 for the week, on track so far!

Nice job!! :bigsmile:
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Sorry for your loss Ashley.

My goal for this week was 5000 and I may come up just a bit short, as of today I am at 3729 for 6 days.

Great work so far everyone!
  • lorihov
    lorihov Posts: 43 Member
    Hi everyone, glad everyone is doing so well.

Sorry for your loss Ashley, especially at a time that should be full of joy at your graduation. Congratulations

I'm a little behind on my calorie burn this week, was sick a few days. Not sure if the calories I burned this weekend all count. We gutted the bedrooms at our cabin. I hauled drywall, plywood, paneling and anything else that needed moving. Then we insinuated the floors, walls and ceiling. Put it all back together and moved in the furniture. Not sure I can do much today I'm so sore. Not looking forward to next weekend when we tackle the kitchen. Just glad we have help so we aren't dragging this out longer. Or else l'd spend weeks in pain.
  • airant
    airant Posts: 146 Member
    Asheley sending prayer to you an family, may God give strength...

My bday was thursday so i havent workout as plan, so Im short on my weekly goal, but hopefully between today and tomorrow i will ..Everyone seems to be doing great... Im actually tempted to put my goal up ....
  • Delll2013
    Happy birthday!!!
  • Ashley - Sorry to hear of your loss! Sending prayers!

This last week has been a strange one - I was unable to workout day 1 and day 3 of this week, so I won't hit this weeks goal, but I am not letting it keep me down. I am headed to the gym after work and will go in the morning.

I should still get 2200 cals. at the end of Tuesday and that makes me happy!
  • Alotalove4u
    Alotalove4u Posts: 67 Member
    To Ashley - My Condoleances and stay in prayer..
  • I'm very sorry for loss too... But, congratulations on your accomplishments!!

I was bad on day 5... I didn't exercise at all!! NADA

Day 1... 900 calories burned

Day 2... 969

Day 3... 906

Day 4... 1069

Day 6... 1490 calories burned by walking my dogs just over 3 hours... We walked over 12 miles!!

I will make up for the day I missed and get my full 6,300 calories burned that I promised this week!!
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Wow, everyone;s doing great! :drinker:

Counting today, I am at 3,761 calories burned since May 1st. Won't be this high every week....putting in gardens for a week straight has my numbers high this week. :smile:
  • falu1975
    falu1975 Posts: 12 Member
    My goal was to burned 2,250, but I did 2,154 ,short by 96 cal. I'll try harder next week .