Recipes

2»

Replies

• melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    BJB66, you have a wealth of delicious recipes! Keep 'em coming!:tongue: I will try the Tequila-Glazed Grilled Chicken Thighs soon!
  • melkadee
    Chinese Hot Salad

Calories - 192
    Protein - 5g
    Carbohydrate - 20g
    Sugars -13g
    Fat - 9g

Ingredients
    1 tbsp dark soy sauce
    1 1/2-2 tsp bottled sweet chilli sauce
    2 tbsp sherry
    1 tbsp brown sugar
    1 tbsp wine vinegar
    2 tbsp sunflower oil
    1 garlic clove, crushed
    4 scallions, thinly sliced diagonally
    9 oz/250 g zucchini, cut into julienne strips about 1 1/2 inches/4 cm long
    9 oz/250g carrots, cut ingo juliene strips about 1 1/2 inches/4 cm long
    1 red or green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
    14 oz/400g canned bean sprouts, well drained
    4 1/2 oz/125g green or fine beans, cut into 2-inch/5-cm lengths
    1 tbsp sesame oil
    salt and pepper
    1 - 2 tsp sesame seeds, to garnish

1. Combine the soy sauce chili sauce, sherry, sugar, vinegar, and seasoning.
    2 Heat the sunflower oil in a wok or large, heavy-bottomed skillet, and swirl it around until it is really hot. Add the garlic and scallions to the work and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
    3. Add the zucchini, carrots, and bell pepper. Stir-fry for 1 -2 minutes. Add the soy sauce mixture and bring to a boil.
    4. Add the bean sprouts and green beans and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, making sure all the vegetables are thoroughly coated with the sauce
    5. Drizzle the seame oil over the vegetables in the work and stir-ry for about 30 seconds.
    6. Serve the salad hot, sprinkled with seasme seeds.
  • melkadee
    This is not the most healthy snack :embarassed:, but my family likes it. I eat it in moderation.

Chili-Cheese Tortilla Dip

Calories - 286
    Carbs - 22
    Fat - 15
    Sodium - 767

1 lb. ground beef
    1 can chili, without beans
    1 lb. mild Mexican Velvetta cheese, cubed
    Tortilla Chips

1. Brown beef, crumble into small pieces, and drain.
    2. Combine beef, chili, and cheese in slow cooker.
    3. Cover. Cook on Low 1 - 1 1/2 hours, or until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally to blend ingredients.
    4. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
  • melkadee
    Brownie Bites

104 calories
    1g protein
    16 g carbs
    68 mg sodium

2 tablespoons margarine
    1/3 cup sugar
    1/4 cup cold water
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    1/ cup all-purpose flour
    2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts or pecans
    Nonstick spray
    1 teaspoon powdered sugar

1. In a small saucepan melt margarine; remove from heat. Stir in sugar, water, and vanilla. Stir in flour cocoa powder, and baking powder till well mixed. Stir in chopped nuts.
    2. Spray the bottom only of an 8x4x2 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray coating. Pour batter into pan.
    3. Bake 350 degrees about 20 minutes or till a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. Remove from pan. Cut into 8 bars. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serves 8.
  • Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    Greek-Style Oven-Roasted Lemon-Butter Parmesan Potatoes

Ingredients

3 lbs potatoes
    1 cup chicken broth
    2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
    1/4 cup butter, melted ( no substitutes)
    1 teaspoon oregano ( or to taste)
    1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic ( optional or to taste)
    salt and pepper
    1/2-3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese ( or to taste)
    chopped fresh parsley

Directions

Set oven to 375 degrees.
    Butter a shallow baking dish large enough to hold the potatoes.
    Peel and cut the potatoes into large wedges and place into the prepared baking dish.
    In a bowl combine the broth, lemon juice, butter, oregano, salt, pepper and minced garlic (if using); mix well to combine.
    Pour over potatoes in the dish and stir to coat well.
    Cover the dish tightly with foil.
    Bake for about 40 minutes.
    Uncover and turn potatoes.
    Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and return to oven (uncovered).
    Bake for another 20-30 minutes, or until potatoes are done to desired tenderness.
    Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve.
    *NOTE* the Parmesan may be sprinkled on just after baking if desired.

Page 2 of 2Greek-Style Oven-Roasted Lemon-Butter Parmesan Potatoes (cont.)
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
    Servings Per Recipe: 6
    Amount Per Serving% Daily ValueCalories 288.3 Calories from Fat 9432%
    Amount Per Serving% Daily ValueTotal Fat 10.5g16%Saturated Fat 6.4g32%Cholesterol 27.6mg9%Sugars 2.1 gSodium 333.3mg13%Total Carbohydrate 40.9g13%Dietary Fiber 5.0g20%Sugars 2.1 g8%Protein 8.8g17%

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* I made this and forgot to add the parmesan and it was delicious without. I also used more lemon juice and added diced chicken breast. Really delicious meal. I made a huge batch the last time so the hubby and I could have leftovers for the week.
  • Brie4me
    Lemon Basil Goat Cheese Pasta

"Perfect for summer, this Goat Cheese and Asparagus Pasta is healthy, delicious and just 7 Points + per serving. The goat cheese and basil make for a lovely sauce over the high fiber pasta. And the touch of lemon adds just the right kick to bring it all together. You can easily bulk up this Weight Watchers pasta recipe with more vegetables, if you’d like. In fact, the next time I make it, I may use half the pasta but add in some zucchini and/or broccoli, and then increase the amount of goat cheese. But if you are really craving those carbs, the recipe is fantastic as is. It’s really a very versatile pasta dish and the possibilities of what you can do with it are endless. And it’s such an easy summer recipe that doesn’t take much time or effort."

Lemon Basil Goat Cheese and Asparagus Pasta

This lively summer pasta recipe has it all…creamy goat cheese sauce over high fiber pasta and fresh roasted asparagus. And it’s all highlighted with a bright lemon-basil essence that is just divine. Satisfying and incredibly delicious for just a 7 Weight Watchers Points.
    Ingredients

1lb high fiber pasta
    1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into pieces
    5 oz goat cheese
    1 tbsp lemon zest
    2 tbsp lemon juice
    1/2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
    3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
    1 tbsp olive oil
    Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions

Prepare pasta according to package instructions. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
    In the meantime, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and mist with non-fat cooking spray or an olive oil mister. Place asparagus and garlic on the baking sheet and then mist it with the cooking spray or olive oil mister. Season with salt and pepper.
    Place in oven and roast until asparagus is slightly tender, about 10-12 minutes.
    Drain pasta and reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
    Place hot pasta into a large bowl, and add in goat cheese (breaking it up as you put it in), olive oil and lemon zest and lemon juice, along with a tbsp or two of the pasta water. Stir to combine.
    Now mix in basil, roasted asparagus and garlic, and toss to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper. Serve immediately.

Preparation time: 10 minute(s)

Cooking time: 25 minute(s)

Diet type: Vegetarian

Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein

Number of servings (yield): 8

Culinary tradition: USA (General)

Calories: 210

Fat: 6

Protein: 12

Entire recipe makes 8 servings
    Serving size is about 3/4 cup
    Each serving = 7 Points +

PER SERVING: 210 calories; 6g fat; 44g carbohydrates; 12g protein; 6g fiber

Read more: http://www.laaloosh.com/2013/07/02/lemon-basil-goat-cheese-and-asparagus-pasta-recipe/#ixzz2Yr8zevel
  • Brie4me
    Honey Lime Chicken Skewers

My friends made this for a party. Absolutely delicious! The flavors were all through each bite. The only thing is, they omitted the Siracha because one of them doesn't like heat. I do, so I will use it when I make this recipe again.

Ingredients

•3 tablespoons soy sauce
    •2 tablespoons honey
    •1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    •juice of one lime
    •2 garlic cloves, minced
    •1-2 teaspoon Siracha
    •red pepper flakes, to taste
    •2 tablespoon cilantro
    •1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts

Instructions

1.In a small bowl, combine your ingredients, through the cilantro. Mix thoroughly.
    2.Pour marinade over chicken breasts and turn to coat. Cover and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour.
    3.Grill on medium high heat for 6 to 8 minutes per side, until juices run clear.

The link to the recipe:

http://kitchenmeetsgirl.com/main-dishes/honey-lime-chicken-skewers/
  • melkadee
    I will try the Honey Lime Chicken Skewers for sure! Sounds Yummy! Thanks!
  • Brie4me
    3 Ingredient Banana Pancakes:

Mash together:

1 Banana
    1 Egg
    Sprinkle of cinnamon ( I used pumpkin pie spice)

Heat a 12" skillet to medium-high. Spray with cooking spray. Pour batter into skillet making 6 small pancakes (will just fit). Flip and enjoy!

I used low calorie Vermont syrup on them.

*Notes:

These are very soft, so can be difficult to flip. The first time I made these over medium heat. They didn't brown and were a pain to flip. Today I made them over the higher heat and they were still soft, but got browned and were a little easier to flip.

I weighed my bananas before I entered in the recipe. MFP shows a large banana being between 100 and 110 grams, but mine are about 137-140 grams out of the peel. So, my recipe came in at 197 calories for 6 pancakes. Another 15 for the syrup (much better than 200 for regular).