Sushi night May 25 - Calgary MFP folk

Options
kimad
kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
So there has been a lot of talk about the sushi night on May 25, I thought it may be easier to start this thread to keep better track of stuff.

May 25
6:30pm

Destination TBD by vote on here!

1. Kinjo Dalhousie NW
2. Globefish 14 St/3 Ave NW (this is per the internet, if my location is off please correct me)

I would say that spouses are welcome if you would like them to join us!

So please post below if you are coming and what location you'd prefer....majority rules!

ETA: these locations were what I recall from our original post..

Replies

• adoreabella
    adoreabella Posts: 87
    Options
    Kinjo =)
  • rjh1975
    rjh1975 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    We have friends arriving that night but I'm not sure what time their flight gets in. If it's later in the evening, I'd love to join! I prefer Globefish but I'm honestly happy to eat at either (and Kinjo is closer to me) :smile:
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Oh! That might be fun. :) I would certainly like to be there.

I've never been to the Dahousie Kinjo, but I love the one is the south. Kinjo gets my vote.
  • kimad
    Options
    Oh! That might be fun. :) I would certainly like to be there.

I've never been to the Dahousie Kinjo, but I love the one is the south. Kinjo gets my vote.

It is fun!! Had an outting in December. About 6-7 of us and we had a great time.
  • kimad
    Options
    We have friends arriving that night but I'm not sure what time their flight gets in. If it's later in the evening, I'd love to join! I prefer Globefish but I'm honestly happy to eat at either (and Kinjo is closer to me) :smile:

No worries. Keep us posted :)
  • celtic0ne
    celtic0ne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Globefish would be my preference but either works.
  • JenniferARoss
    JenniferARoss Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun! No preference for me for which restaurant, whichever the majority decides. Globefish is slightly closer for me, but I think parking might be easier at Kinjo's? I've never been to either restaurant. Whichever does more non-sushi kind of meals, lol? :smile:
  • awesomek001
    awesomek001 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Is this open to anyone in the group? I'd love to put faces to the Calgary MPF friends I have. I'd vote for Kinjo personally . . . .
  • kimad
    Options
    Is this open to anyone in the group? I'd love to put faces to the Calgary MPF friends I have. I'd vote for Kinjo personally . . . .

Of course! and it's a few weeks away so lots of time to get to know us :)
    There seems to be a handful of people who have yet to respond!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    As long as the place choosen has a choice for those that may not like raw fish/shellfish then I'd be up for either.

Just also have to fix my weekend schedule with having my daughter as my ex switched it all around yet again :/
  • kimad
    Options
    From what I have been told Kinjo has some normal items... my ex didn't like sushi (actually just wouldn't try it) and his friend wanted to take him there for his bday - I resisted hugely and she said 'they have normal stuff too' in the end we didn't go, but I will double check :) cause I'd hate for people not to come becuase it's sushi!
  • awesomek001
    awesomek001 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    From what I have been told Kinjo has some normal items... my ex didn't like sushi (actually just wouldn't try it) and his friend wanted to take him there for his bday - I resisted hugely and she said 'they have normal stuff too' in the end we didn't go, but I will double check :) cause I'd hate for people not to come becuase it's sushi!

I've been there, and I can confirm that the parking's good (it's by the Dalhousie c-train statin) and that they have cooked food as well as straight sushi.
  • lessofme150
    lessofme150 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey Kim,

I will say yes for now but may end up bailing at the last minute. Mom and Dad sold their house on Apr 19th and have to be out May 31st. They have lived in this house for 35 years so you can only imagine the stuff that they need to get rid of or pack. Two weekends ago I was there helping get stuff out of the basement and then doing a garage sale last weekend. I am there again the next couple of evenings getting more stuff out to the garage to add to this weekends garage sale. Since the 25th is the last weekend before they move, if I am needed there to get final stuff packed may be too tired / sore to come. Trying to squeeze in some stuff during the week but with working all day, it's hard to go over there (hence my no recording food much the past couple of weeks).

Hopefully I will be able to make it. Will keep you updated.

Thanks
    Barb
  • lessofme150
    lessofme150 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Oh, and either location works for me. Parking will definitely be better at Dalhousie.
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I drive a big truck . . . good parking would be a definite bonus. :)
  • celtic0ne
    Options
    So is anyone else looking at bringing a significant other? I don't think my fiancé wants to be the only other guy there or significant other.

Thanks,

Yvonne
  • AriesOx
    AriesOx Posts: 66
    Options
    I'm in :) If other guys are attending, I'll bring hubby along too (he's on here too :) If it is going to just be the girls, he'd rather not be the only one either :)

I'm on days that day, so I don't get off work until 6pm, so I can hopefully make it before everyone leaves ;)
  • kimad
    Options
    Ariesox and celticone.. your men are in luck :)

I know some MFP men were/are invited but noone has rsvp'd yet.
  • adoreabella
    adoreabella Posts: 87
    Options
    I can find random guy friends to bring I imagine hahaha. That way the other guys wont feel so out of place.
  • celtic0ne
    Options
    Awesome, I'll try and convince mine to come along :)