Detox?

Options
KathleenSweetie
KathleenSweetie Posts: 136 Member
Do you believe detox foods & drinks really work? Do these really flush fat with the water? Or, is it a fad that causes yo-yoing? I'm also wondering if any of it is dangerous for the thyroid.

Replies

• Unaisha8
    Unaisha8 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    From my own experience, I did lose 10 lbs on the lemon detox diet but then after a few days I ended up putting more weight. This was back in 2010 then I decided I'll lose weight properly with exercise and eating healthily. This is the best solution so far. However, I don't know if you've heard about the 5:2 diet. Men consume only 600 kcal a day while women consume 500 kcal. Many people are doing it and they have managed to lose 10 lbs in 4 weeks.
  • KathleenSweetie
    KathleenSweetie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    From my own experience, I did lose 10 lbs on the lemon detox diet but then after a few days I ended up putting more weight. This was back in 2010 then I decided I'll lose weight properly with exercise and eating healthily. This is the best solution so far. However, I don't know if you've heard about the 5:2 diet. Men consume only 600 kcal a day while women consume 500 kcal. Many people are doing it and they have managed to lose 10 lbs in 4 weeks.
    Thanks, Unaisha. I haven't heard of 5:2... Don't think I'd do that since I struggle to get in my calories anyway. Doesn't seem like anyone in this group tries detox (juicing & such). I'm guessing this is a trick that probably just back fires. I have a thyroid issue and I guess I was hoping for a miracle.
  • okishkash
    okishkash Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. I have never heard or read anything good about it.
  • southernpawsc
    Options
    I think they're fads when all that's sensibly needed is a healthy diet, appropriate water intake, & exercise. Water increase flushes excess salts and other stuff from the body which may also mimic weight loss.

calories in = calories out to maintain weight
    Calories in < calories out to lose weight

:)