8 weeks

Options
corlas0105
corlas0105 Posts: 89 Member
Hello!

My name is Corrie, and I would love to join this group! I have a similar goal, and will definitely need encouragement to achieve it. I am moving back home (Detroit, MI) on July 1st. I have been living is SC for the past 3 years, and really want to look good when I get home. Over the past year and a half I have gained a whopping 15 pounds. (That is a lot for my small 5' 1" body) So, my goal is to lose 18 pounds in 8 weeks. I am currently 150 and want to be 132. 132 is the "healthy" range for BMI. I was 135 last year, with a half marathon under my belt. Since then, I have not done much running. I have completed Insanity twice, and GAINED weight with it each time. I tend to try to stay away from the scale, but I need something as a motivator. So, my plan is to tweak my eating habits a bit, up my water intake, and start training for a 10k. (not too ambitious after doing a half marathon, but since I know moving will be a bit stressful, I think it is realistic) I also am dedicated to doing 50 squats and 20 push ups each morning! Anyhow, I am hoping to get some and offer some support for the next couple months! WE CAN DO THIS!

Replies

• karimyatt
    karimyatt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome Corrie! Glad to have you in the group! We are all on the same journey it seems. the scale is not our best friend & we love food. This group is to help us keep focused and motivate each other to do our best with what we Have. Today was not so great for me. I had a CE insurance class which is boring as can be so found myself munching on the free snacks. Didn't make the healthiest choices so hopefully will not hurt me on the scale on Wed! Plan to be back on track with my food and water tomorrow. Got to get motivated to get my butt in motion though. Keep saying I'm going to do a 5K but haven't done it. Maybe that should be my goal. I have a Couch to 5K app on my phone I have started 3 times and ca't get past the 2nd week. Need to get my mind right. Only a little over 6 weeks to go, 47 more days & 15 lb to go!!!
  • corlas0105
    corlas0105 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I think we all have bad days once in a while.

I am happy to report that I have been under my calorie goal all week so far. I do not have my first weigh in until Monday, so we will see. But, I have been pounding the water, eating well, and exercising. I took today off to rest. My calves are really sore!!! Although I still have the weekend, I would say my first week has been a success thus far!

I LOVE running. It is such a stress reliever! You should go for it!!!! 15 pounds in 47 days seems reasonable. I just counted, and I have 51 days until our big move. 18 pounds/51 days...we will see if it can happen :wink:
  • karimyatt
    karimyatt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sounds Great. Check us out on he Group Bards!