I have failed yet AGAIN

Options
Strong_Heart
Strong_Heart Posts: 32 Member
Things have NOT been going well on my weight loss journey. In the month of April I totally blew it!!

I am ashamed to say that my eating got out of control and remained so for the whole month. :cry:
Today, [5/7/13], I made the decision to rein my appetite back in, but it is going to be hard because I have re-awakened all of my food lusts.

I have not weighed myself since April 1st. I am terrified of getting back on the scale because I know there will be a weight gain and I really don't want to know how much damage my month long binge has done. :embarassed:

I feel like such a failure. :brokenheart:

Replies

• chuckd43
    chuckd43 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am new to the group but certainly not new to trying to lose weight! I am sorry you are having such a hard time but I don't think you are a failure! You are here, seeking help & wanting to get back on the journey. So my suggestion would be to weigh yourself & start over. It might not be as bad as you thought. The other suggestion I would make is to have your chart to display how much you have lost not how much you need to lose, then you can see how far you have come & celebrate your loss not stress over how much you have to go.

So pick yourself up, brush yourself off & start over;. Talk to yourself as you would to someone else. You would not call your best friend a failure & tell her she should be ashamed of herself ~ don't do it to yourself

Be your own best friend & I'm here looking for support & to support <3 Good luck & keep me posted :)
  • 13tea
    13tea Posts: 55
    Options
    You are not a failure. You notice you are not on the road you were seeking. Make a U turn. That's it. You'll be on the right track again. So look in the mirror and smile at yourself. You are here, we are here and together we will do it. Keep me posted.

Tea
  • SusanZsoldos
    Options
    I find my path to health and fitness is a daily test with the good and the bad. EVERYONE has made a food choice they regret, so pick yourself up and move forward. The past is the past. You can do this! The best advice I recently got was from Chalene Johnson who taught me 'I have a diet rather than I'm on a diet.' When ever I obsess about what I'm eating, this goes through my head and I find it helps me make better choices (most of the time lol) After all - I am human. :)
  • Terry903
    Terry903 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It's OK! We are after all just human. Each day is a new day so start again. Next time you feel like binging ask yourself what is it I am seeking? salt? comfort? Grab a bag of carrots or some grapes. Make sure you have stuff cut up so if you can just grab something when you feel like eating. I went through a withdrawal of some kind last week. I finally just started letting myself eat a bunch of popcorn to fill myself up so I would stop. I was eating everything and I don't know why. I think I was stressing about dieting. Que sera sera! Move on! Carpe Diem! Today is a new day!
  • Terry903
    Terry903 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Go weigh in so you can congratulate yourself later this month! Do not beat yourself over the head about the number! : )
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a bunch of thoughtful, helpful people on this thread. Good to see that.

I certainly can relate; who here hasn't fallen down a time or two?
    But nowadays I don't think of crappy eating days as a "failure." It's just a bad day for me. Sometimes I have several bad days strung together. They happen. I do it to myself. I kick myself. Then I just start over the next day and do my best.

*kitten* happens. Just re-label the event. It's not "failure" -- it's just a *kitten* day (or week or month).

Focus on stringing the good days together.
  • 13tea
    13tea Posts: 55
    Options
    Smart thought.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    You only fail when you have fallen and refuse to get back up and try again. You obviously have made the decision to try again. That equals success in my book. Don't look at the regrets of the past month. Look at the day you have in front of you and go forward with confidence. You can do this!
  • shutrbugz
    shutrbugz Posts: 28
    Options
    You're not alone... However, I'm tired of looking back and beating myself up over those past failures. Today's a new day — reach out and grab it and give it all you've got. If you fall from time to time, as you very possibly may, get back up and keep going. After all, what's the alternative?

I've seen a few good quotes that might help you:

"If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up."

"Sometimes the smallest step in right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tip toe if you must, but take the step."

Hope this help a little. Add me as a friend if you'd like — I can always use more! :flowerforyou:
  • azxswed
    azxswed Posts: 6
    Options
    Why is it that we can gain faster than we can lose? Nevertheless, we are fighters and when we fall down, we get back up! You are not alone in this quest. So, look at what you have already done! How many people are stopping long enough to do that? I congratulate you for attempting to start over again! This group is holding you up daily.
  • LeesaMarie63
    Options
    I totally understand your feelings, lord knows I've been there many times...just pick yourself up and start again....Good luck ????