Introduction

Options
Hello,

My name is Mikki. I am 42 years old. Have 8 children and 6 grand children. I am a lifeskills paraprofessional and, if you havent realized, love children.

I havent always struggled with my weight. But, as the years add up its become a struggle. Recently I had a bought with crohns and found afterwards that I didnt eat, or even want to eat nearly as much as I used to. That was helpful.

I have been a diet coke drinker for as long as I can remember. I dont like, tea, lemonade, coffee or many other types of drinks. I was drinking 3 or 4 32 oz diet cokes from McDonals a day!

When the caffeine started effecting my sleep, I switched to caffeine free in the evenings, but found I was still jittery at night. Over time I started having 1 diet coke every morning (its my coffee). Once it's gone I refill my cup the rest of the day with ice water.

My 20 year old daughter is struggling with her weight now that her active high school lifestyle is over. I joined planet fitness last month with her to mostly help encourage her to be more active, to be more active myself even if I dont lose weight, and honestly ... to tan!

For whatever reason, I weighed myself a few weeks ago and found that I have lost 10 pounds without any real "effort". So, I have come back to myfitnesspal in order to track my progess and continue to lose weight.

I am having surgery in June, which will limit my activities for 6 weeks. So, my hope is to be down to my goal weight, (another 9 lbs) or as close as possible, before the surgery.

So, that's me, and I'm so excited to have been invited to this group!

Replies

• Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group sev!
  • aeverton
    aeverton Posts: 359
    Options
    Welcome!
    MFP can really help you stay on track with your weight loss/healthy life journey. Stick with it!

Angie
  • hobbitgeekgirl
    Options
    Welcome welcome!!! With all of the rain we had there for a whle, I can see where the tanning would be mighty appealing. :) But good luck - this is a great group for support.
  • ShannonB06
    ShannonB06 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi to a fellow newbie! I just joined the group too but have been addicted to MFP since I got a smart phone, and just got several of my friends on it too. Good luck with your journey, and surgery as well!
  • gonto1067
    gonto1067 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!!