The Sims 4 has been announced!!

Options
rosiereally2
rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
No real deatils yet beyond that it will be relased in 2014, but Clint of Lazy Game Reviews does a nice job of putting together the current news and speculation with his trademark snark and wit.

http://youtu.be/xBsSKnvzNBo

Replies

• Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!! Really?!!!! Off to have a read - thanks for posting this Rosie (sorry, I've been living under a rock for the past few weeks!!!)
  • Honeytips
    Options
    I just love that guy, he just cracks me up big time!!! I can't wait to get more and more information regarding this game...especially on how the sims will end up looking!!
  • rosiereally2
    Options
    I can't wait to hear more!
  • tree850
    tree850 Posts: 12
    Options
    i havent been playing because they have been having so many glitches with the university pack and I have been really frustrated with them lately.
    I am just ready for a update so my people can work properly!
    I hope they do better with sims 4...
  • rosiereally2
    Options
    I agree! Let's hope the way they crashed and bruned with the Sim City release will only make them more careful anf thoughtful with TS4.

I haven't played since the last pack came out. I get bored pretty easily. The Sims 3 somehow doesn't hold my attention the way TS2 did.
  • Honeytips
    Options
    I admit I haven't been playing sims the past couple of months (ever since my first few goes of University). What I've discovered and absolutely loving now is Sims Freeplay!!!!!!
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Hey all, it will be released Fall of 2014. I was actually going to create a sims 4 group so I'm glad I searched first.

There hasn't been many updates but I believe they pushed it back because the community was NOT feeling the loss of CASt, the color wheel, and a few other things. I think it looks great and I'm pretty excited about "smart sim" and the new neighborhood/world.
  • Honeytips
    Options
    Thanks for the update @rachelloseit!!! I'm finding it so hard to continue enjoying sims 3 when I know there's something much better on the horizon and I can hardly wait!!!! Goal for 2014 - New Gaming Computer before Sims 4 is out!!!!!!!!!!
  • rosiereally2
    Options
    I'm extremely excited! I've actually lost all interest in TS3. The last few EPs failed to spark my interest.
  • Honeytips
    Options
    I'm with you Rosie, after Island Paradise I haven't bought any of the newer EPs!!!
  • rachellosesitall85
    Options
    Official Release date!

It slipped out by a dev but apparently TS4 will be released sometime in September.

I agree with you ladies, I haven't played TS3 in months and before that, years. Total complete loss of interest even before I knew about TS4.
  • rosiereally2
    Options
    Thanks for the update! I've fallen so far off the Sims train that I haven't even seen any info about TS4 beyond the initial trailer and Create-A-Sim mini-intro. I'll go see what else I'm missing. I hope I become excited again. Sims has been such a huge part of my life for so long. I miss the thrill of it all.
  • rachellosesitall85
    Options
    Thanks for the update! I've fallen so far off the Sims train that I haven't even seen any info about TS4 beyond the initial trailer and Create-A-Sim mini-intro. I'll go see what else I'm missing. I hope I become excited again. Sims has been such a huge part of my life for so long. I miss the thrill of it all.

You're not missing anything. They haven't updated us since August. A dev did say a few weeks ago (Feb 7th) that we will be receiving an update in a few weeks so I'm guessing sometime in March. They also have laid off a whole team that was working on TS4 and brought a few EPs for TS3 to the table like ITF (Into The Future). This new team is definitely not like the sims teams we grew to love back in the day. Updates seem to be getting fewer and fewer which is unsettling considering they announced it last May. They completely scraped the early stages of TS4 because it was supposed to be an online only game. I suppose they got a clue from us fans and the flop that is sims city that online just isn't as favored as they'd thought.