#22 Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore

Options
J3nnyV
J3nnyV Posts: 114 Member
Holly is the bomb for making the pickles! I am inspired to try them now. I know I will be happy to have followed thru (maybe it will motivate me to finally finish 30 Day Shred instead of always stopping around day 6. Or maybe not! Hahaha)

In the meantime, #22 looks like a meal that would work in my house...I think even my 2 yo will like this chicken cacciatore. My plan is to try the "better" method (her words) when I make it, but if baby isn't cooperating, I will do the quick method.

Here is the recipe:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/06/crock-pot-chicken-cacciatore.html

Cook on gorgeous gals!

Replies

• Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    My husband is looking forward to this one! I'm planning on the "better" method, but we'll see...
  • BrandiBoo84
    BrandiBoo84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Wohoo! Will get ingredients soon. BTW my husband couldnt get enough of the salisbury steak. I also made the skinny garlic mashed taters and they went perfect! Will be a staple in our home for sure.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    It looks awesome, but my issue is WHY does every "skinny" meal have to include bell peppers? I know they're flavorful for not many calories (plus they're healthy), but I wish so many recipes didn't rely on them so heavily. I don't particularly like them but will stomach them, and my husband is so-so on them.

Do you all think replacing them with tomatoes (which my husband and I both *love*) would be fine? Would it be too bland?
  • J3nnyV
    Options
    I made this last night! Did the "better" method and then cooked on high for 4 hours. The house smelled amazing!!

It was yummy and my husband liked it enough to agree to eat it as leftovers today (he doesn't do leftovers normally). He knows I made it as part of our recipe club so he was trying to give me some more feedback, but we didn't have a lot to say about it. He thought the leftovers would be good with some sirracha. I think it could use quite a bit more black pepper than what I used.

It was good and I will make it again - it's simple!

Rebecca - I'm sure it would work with more tomatoes instead of peppers in terms of the cooking process, but you're right, it won't be as sweet. I find green peppers quite unique in taste, but not as sweet as red, orange and yellow. Do you like those? Maybe omit just the red but keep the green to balance the extra tomatoes?
  • H0llyG0lightly
    H0llyG0lightly Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    This was good and super easy. I did the "better" method as well, and broke in my new cast-iron skillet browning the meat/veg. I'll definitely be making this again.
  • Pepper2185
    Options
    I might be the minority, but I wasn't crazy about this.

I did the "better method" and it all came together really quickly. Such an easy recipe!

My house also smelled amazing, but I thought it tasted a bit bland. I served it over whole wheat spagettini, but I had to add some cayenne pepper to mine to make it taste better. My husband liked it, but I didn't like it enough to throw it into my recipe rotation.
  • J3nnyV
    Options
    I might be the minority, but I wasn't crazy about this.

I did the "better method" and it all came together really quickly. Such an easy recipe!

My house also smelled amazing, but I thought it tasted a bit bland. I served it over whole wheat spagettini, but I had to add some cayenne pepper to mine to make it taste better. My husband liked it, but I didn't like it enough to throw it into my recipe rotation.

Interesting!! When I served the leftovers, I loaded it with black pepper. That made it better. Great feedback!
  • Pepper2185
    Options
    I'm back again to say that my husband ate the leftovers for lunch and said it was really good. Asked him if it was something I should make again, and he said yes ... So maybe it will go into my recipe rotation :smile: