Boogie Oogie Oogie..get down... 5/8/2013

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
OOOOO...today is a nice one...not hard but fun! Put some new music on your ipad, iPhone or MP3 player. Buy a new CD to play at home while working out. Music helps motivate and inspire and move!!!!!!!
I was listening to some music the other day on Pandora making notes of what I needed to put on my MP3 player.

Here is some help!
http://www.livestrong.com/slideshow/551454-the-20-most-intense-workout-songs/#slide-1

Peace,
WW

Replies

• aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    THIS! THIS IS RELEVANT TO MY INTERESTS!

You go that much faster when a hard thumping song is rattling your brain.

Also: http://www.url-to-mp3.com/
    You didn't get it from me.

Edit: I think I had maybe one of these songs on my ipod, but I need to check that. Good list.
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I love to exercise to music, even have my toddler jamming to music to exercise too!
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Well - I'm not crazy about the heavy metal stuff for lifting. I get why people like to lift to it but it gives me a headache and pisses me off. Pretty soon, I'm too angry to actually have an effective work out. I like good beats and really good dance beats are awesome.

This site has some free work out sessions though you will pay for others. He has sessions for running, bicycling and more:

http://motiontraxx.com/

And it's amazing what you can find on YouTube. Just put in Workout music in the search bar. And this post helped me think to search belly dance music. I've 'lost' mine over the years - tapes decay and don't last like CDs can. Oh and spin class - you have to have good music to ride. The music can make or break the class. Each instructor brings something different to class which I enjoy. I've heard oldies and new songs and different things I would never think to ride to - like "peanut butter and jelly" - who knew that had such a great beat to get you going on a hard hill?
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Have a couple playlists that I use for my workouts. I have my exercise playlist that has songs that I like that are all nice, upbeat songs, I have my warrior playlist that has my "empowerment songs" including the music/songs from some of my favorite Combat tracks, I have my "Shawn in my head" playlist that have songs that get Super Trainer's voice in my head to keep me going and, of course, it goes without saying, I have a bellydance playlist that has songs we use in troupe, bellydance songs I like, and songs that I think would make a really good bellydance song and I play around with when I'm practicing.

(Verdemujer: If you need any ideas for bellydance music, let me know)
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I ❤ the music. :)

Would anyone like to share their current exercise playlist?

Okay, I'll go!

66a7c1687a0c42569eb4836.jpg

Your turn! :)
  • aakaakaak
    Options
    I'll put mine up tonight, but I get a feeling none of you will like what's on it.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Warrior Playlist:
    Eye of the Tiger- Survivor
    Gimme Dat- Ciara
    Girls Just Wanna Have Fun- Cyndi Lauper
    Don't Worry 'Bout A Thing- She Daisy
    C'est La Vie-B*witched
    Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)-Kelly Clarkson
    Firework-Katy Perry
    The Best- Tina Turner
    Drummer Boy- Alesha Dixon
    See the Light- Paradise
    Get the Party Started- Pink
    So What- Pink
    Raise Your Glass-Pink
    Queen of Hearts- Juice Newton
    The Black Pearl- Dave Darell
    You Haven't Seen the Last of Me- Cher
    Turbulence- Laidback Luke and Steve Aoki
    The Warrior- Patty Smythe
    Turtle Power- Partners in Kryme
  • threadlove
    threadlove Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just put a new play list together last night! An excerpt:
    Brand New Me - Alicia Keys
    Girl On Fire - Alicia Keys
    Stairway To Heaven - Led Zepplin
    My Happy Ending - Avril Lavigne
    Living On The Edge - Aerosmith
    Everlasting Love - Gloria Estefan
    Anyway You Want It - Journey
    Don't Stop Believing - Journey (my theme song since 1981 before it was cool!)
    Here Comes The Weekend - Pink
    Blow Me - Pink
    Try - Pink
    Rock This Town - Stray Cats
    Ho Hey - The Lumineers
    Free Fallin - Tom Petty

There are some great tunes on your lists I will be adding today!
  • aakaakaak
    Options
    Okay, here's my playlist. It's about nine pages:

https://mega.co.nz/#!6JF3QJxI!VdeevDNxHbztfIEJpOB4UkKr1gNspToF6NAt4Pc3ejk

Mega Upload's new website. It's safe.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    This site has some free work out sessions though you will pay for others. He has sessions for running, bicycling and more:

http://motiontraxx.com/

Hey this is cool but like you said not sure I would pay for it...I must go back though and look at free stuff.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Ohhh I love ABBA!!!!! I love some music on ya'll list...I have to put mine up tomorrow. I have a Michael Jackson one...love it!
    Mr. AAk why do you make us have to download it???
  • aakaakaak
    Options
    Ohhh I love ABBA!!!!! I love some music on ya'll list...I have to put mine up tomorrow. I have a Michael Jackson one...love it!
    Mr. AAk why do you make us have to download it???

Because it's 15 pages!

I might like music, just a little bit... :blushing:
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    @threadlove: Gloria Estefan's "Everlasting Love" is such a fun workout song!

@aakx3: I'll have to check out your 15 pages. (It's sorta scary to download from the web, but I trust you!)

Thanks for posting your songs, everyone. I always enjoy learning what other are listening to--gives me ideas, too!