Introduction

Options
My name is Jennifer and I am more than 100 pounds overweight. I have struggled with my weight all my life and recently made the choice to have Gastric Sleeve Surgery to add one more tool to my toolbox. I had the surgery in March of 2013 and so far have lost 67 lbs. My journey is going to be a long one, but I am well on my way to a healthier lifestyle. I never realized how much I was really overeating and eating the wrong things until I had my surgery and now I see others eating the same things I did and complaining about their weight.

I hope that I can give inspiration as well as receive inspiration from others with the use of this group. :smile:

Replies

• hilarydurst
    hilarydurst Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennifer, I'm Hilary. I'm from South Florida and a stay at home mom to two teen age daughters. I have at least 150 lbs to lose to meet my goal of applying to the army. I came across you group post today and was hoping it isn't to late to join you on your journey. Even though you've had the surgery you've done a great job on losing that 67 lbs! If you'd like to add me as a friend on here you can. Good luck to you :)
  • FitMama2017
    FitMama2017 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new to this group and am looking for support and accountability. I currently weigh 322lbs and my goal weight is 165 - LOTS to LOSE! My family is trying to persuade me to have weight loss surgery, but I want to do this naturally (on my own) as long as it is physically possible. Any advice and guidance is greatly appreciated!