Wish I didn't have to count wine calories.

Options
Liz71459
Liz71459 Posts: 15 Member
I tried cutting out the wine completely. I last for a few days and then gradually back to 2 glasses a day again! It's not like I have withdrawals or anything. In fact I do just fine. I just really miss it. I get bored and to be honest I like having wine with dinner. So I am gong to try to cut back as much as possible. It eats up so many calories though and then I can't eat enough. I know losing weight is all about calories but has anyone ever been successful losing without counting their wine? Just wishful thinking I guess.

Replies

• literarykate
    literarykate Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I also am struggling with my wine. I love it and end up drinking a bottle most of the time. I love moscato the best and I know the sugar is horrible for me but I find it hard to quit. I also tried quitting cold turkey but it didn't work out. Now I'm just going to try and drink less and make sure I log the points when I do.
  • karenplauze
    karenplauze Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think the trick for me will be to honestly log the calories. When I log honestly I pass up the chocolate, etc, at the nurse's station. I know that if I pass up the bourbon for three days I can loose 3-4 pounds. I just have to get it into my head, and onto the app.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    A big temptation for me is the half bottle left from the night before (if it survives that long!). It sits there links Alice in Wonderland saying 'Drink me'. But instead of making me taller or smaller, it is just 'Fat *kitten*' potion!
  • WestCoastWild
    WestCoastWild Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Haha, fat *kitten* poison...thats awesome. Im in the same boat with this. I honestly log all of my calories from wine or beer, and its pretty obvious that they're the only reason I'm not getting down to my goal weight. It's always weekend drinking w friends. I live in a town with 9 microbreweries, multiple wineries, and a bunch of my friends make their own alcohol. There's always something to try, and it's all so delicious. Need to come up with a plan soon :)